Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dan261291 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Wireless internet keeps cutting out
    Hi

I have two laptops both connected by wireless. One of them works fine all of the time. The other one keeps cutting out when I'm trying to use the internet. If I get an internet explorer error page closing down and reopening it fixes it, or sometimes just waiting a while will fix it. This problem has continued through a re format and re set up of windows, so does this sound like a hardware or software fualt to people out their. Replies appreciated.
    suddenImpact Posts: 175, Reputation: 23

Jul 9, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Have you made sure you have the latest drivers for the wireless card?

Jul 9, 2007, 12:23 PM
    I just found some using the 'update driver' from device manager, thanks I never thought of that. My sister is using her bebo and YouTube now so that should test it. Thanks, Dan.

Jul 9, 2007, 10:59 PM
    Well It's cut out once since I updated the driver, although it's been fine apart from that so maybee that once was just some other random thing.
    suddenImpact Posts: 175, Reputation: 23

Jul 11, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Cool, lets hope so :)
    keebler305930 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 09:02 PM
    I have had the same problems. I have 1 laptop on a wireless USB Dlink and it kept disconnecting. I reset the router then reinstalled it under WEP encryption (I had chose the high security WPA I think at first.) But after doing that the problem seemed to be fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can't I get internet connect through my wireless router? [ 6 Answers ]

I am on my 3rd router trying to solve this problem originally thinking it was the brand of router. I now have a netgear router and I am trying to run it on Windows XP system, the problem is this: once inserting the program cd into the desktop and loading it up I have went through all the prompts...

My laptop doesn't connect to wireless internet [ 9 Answers ]

I have a dell inspiron laptop which has wireless capability. The OS is Windows XP Professional with SP 2. It used to connect to internet with the built in Wireless connector some time back . I have a desk top which I use to connect to Timewarner cable connection. It has a wireless router . So, my...

Wireless internet [ 9 Answers ]

I have a laptop and want to hook it up to wireless internet but I have never done that before and unsure as to how to do it. What do I need and what type of provider do I look for. I want it so that when I travel I can use it for my schooling Thank you, Sherry

Wireless/cable internet connection [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have 2 issues. Now I am new to this, so please don't judge me. 1) I was recently by my friend with my laptop (has wireless connectivity). I was able to connect to the wireless modem - got an ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway - but, still couldn't connect to the internet. I...

Wireless internet sharing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to set up a wireless LAN that connects two computers. I have a D-Link AirPLus G wireless router that connects to my ADSL modem. A D-Link wireless card on the laptop and a TP-Link wireless card on the desktop. I logged on to internet using my laptop first, and it worked, but then when I...

View more questions Search