Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Troubled Teen 13 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Boys Are Being Such Jerks At My School
    Boys are being such jerks at my school. They all go for the popular people. I am just a normal girl leading a normal but fun life. The popular people all wear thick make-up and wear short skirts. :mad: how can I get boys to like me? :mad:
    tkdgal Posts: 51, Reputation: 13

Jul 9, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Hey, I know exactly how you feel, especially as as a teen going into her sophomore year of high school next year! It's so stupid for guys to only go for slutty or fake girls, but the things is, they mature WAY slower than girls do. When they're younger, they tend to go for girls who are "easy", and you might not believe it, but it's a good thing that they don't seem to "go" for you yet. Some boys just don't talk to the girls who are really pretty or smart, or ones that they just like because they're nervous or afraid. Heck, you could have several guys in your school that like you but are just too scared to show it. I just turned 15 and I haven't had a boyfriend yet, or a first kiss. I have to admit that I've tried the short skirt thing and I've worn a lot of makeup to make myself look better, but, even though I have NO idea what goes on inside the head of teenage guys, I think it's better to just be yourself! Besides, that's a lot easier than trying to be something you're not, and then having to keep acting that way once you actually do get a guy! But trust me, someday, somewhere, you'll meet the special one! Good luck, and I hope I was of some help!
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jul 9, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Hello.

I agree Boys can be jerks, Most grow out of it but some don't so nows the time for you to start learning that important fact. The more you learn now the less hurt you will have later.

The "cool" Girls have a very short Cool life because what's cool today is slutty tomorrow so be glad your not one of them. Guys will like being around an easy girl but treat them like dirt. In a short time the Guys will find out that a Nice Girl "you" is the one they want to be with.

So give it a little more time and you will come out the long term winner.

A hint to get a guys attention... All Guys a suckers for a sweet smile and a Girl that enjoys her life. If you have both your going to have GUys lined up wanting your phone number to be with you not to get what you have.

Lets take this one step further and say there are Guys (a Boy that is trying to grow up and mature) then there are Boys (that never try to grow up and just use girls). IN a few years Guys will turn into Men and the Boys will still be Boys.

Keep your eyes open now for the Guys that are maturing so you know who to be nice to later hehehe...

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    Doberman Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2007, 05:51 PM
    You just shouldn't worry about that... they'll probably just be hos when they reach adult hood. They suck up to them because they want to be cool too... but it wont really even matter... just find someone who accepts you for who you are.
    shinab Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Hey I know what you are going through I am 18 now but when I went to school no boys would talk to me just ignore what they are saying and they will eventuly stop running their mouths and don't worry you will find that one person when I turned 15 I got with this one boy that I have liked since I was 10 and we are still togetger and it has been 3 years now and we are getting married next year so don't give up you will find that boy just ignore what everyone else is saying :D
    ddog22 Posts: 24, Reputation: 6

Jul 9, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Not all guys like lot's of make up and short skirts. Your dad would be good to talk to on this subject, or grandpa! I hope!
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 9, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Just be yourself and when the right time comes you will meet the right person for you. Just stay how you r and make sure you don't change for anybody!

Jul 9, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Listen, we have all been 13 before, so we know how it works. You can learn a lot from people that have been through this. Short, tall, skinny or fat, ugly or cute, just keep being yourself!
    alexis_2009_detroit Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 08:05 PM
    Listen to me I think that you should stay the way you are don't change for a boy if he don't like you the way that you are that them cause there not worth the time. Your young and you should just be happy. Im 16 and a lot of boys talk to me cause I don't change for nobody. Just keep up your hygiene and you'll be straight

Jul 9, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Alexis, atta girl, way to hop on the wagon! Stay strong!
    Troubled Teen 13 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Thank you Everyone You've been such a great help :D
    JonLR92 Posts: 81, Reputation: -2

Jul 10, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Well if you can't get a popular boyfriend that's fine. Remember popular boys stick to popular girls. Find a boy that likes you because you maintain the diffrence and you don't give in to peer preasure and stuff. But don't ever go into heavy make-up slutty girl for anyone.
    shy_girl Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubled Teen 13
    Boys are being such jerks at my school. They all go for the popular people. I am just a normal girl leading a normal but fun life. The popular people all wear thick make-up and wear short skirts. :mad: how can i get boys to like me? :mad:
    Awwh darlin I've told u so many times!
    Lads are stupid for not likein yhew X
    It will hit them when they realise what those slags in our class are like!
    BFFL! X
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Hello teen:

The good thing about your teen years, is that you don't have to DO anything. Automatically, you grow out of them. Then you'll have 'em laying at your feet, and you'll have to kick 'em away.

excon
    kerristar Posts: 4, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 23, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubled Teen 13
    Boys are being such jerks at my school. They all go for the popular people. I am just a normal girl leading a normal but fun life. The popular people all wear thick make-up and wear short skirts. :mad: how can i get boys to like me? :mad:
    Stay strong and look for someone who likes you for yourself
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jul 24, 2007, 12:17 AM
    I know just how you feel! So coming from my owwn expirience, move on from them. You don't want to be with them, honestly those are just the type of guys who are preppy and in high school will be those dumb losersand when they're parents they'll have such a fake life no one will want to socialize with them as people. I know I'm getting oput of place here, so let me tell you to not focus on those boys, there even more worthless than a flee on a dogs tail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why can guys be suck jerks? [ 7 Answers ]

I wouldn't normally be asking a question like this but I am in a delema and no one seems to know what to do. Anyway so there is this guy I know and we really started to hit it off this past month and I was sure he liked me back, but now he is acting all weird. He comes and hangs out with me in...

Women are Jerks too [ 10 Answers ]

When a women breaks up with a guy, why does she still remember him even after years have passed? It could be from 2-10 years or a life time, and still she will never forget about him. Why do they want to get back with him? Is that why most women want to remain friends just in case the grass wasn't...

Would you call this abuse or rape or boys being boys?AND AM I ALONE? [ 27 Answers ]

Grew up in a home where I didn't get much love/affection and I 'fled' perhaps, by dating only one serious boyfriend from age 16 - 26 (can you say LOSER?) who permitted me to sneak out at night to see him midnight until 2am at 16, who isolated me--alienated my friends, ran off other guys I was...

View more questions Search