Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justagurl:) Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Jul 7, 2005, 08:08 AM
    Is it OK to be I love at 14?
    Is it OK to be IN LOVE at the age of fourteen? Is that a bad thing? :confused:
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jul 7, 2005, 08:13 AM
    In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that... but the truth is you may not really know what love truly is... so be extremely careful when getting into relationships, there are waaaay too many jerks and idiots who will not care for you and only want you to get in your pants... remember a guy who does not respect will only do worse later in life
    Just be extremely careful, because it is easy to get hurt at such a young age, but love is truly an amazing experience. I wish you the best of luck.

Jul 7, 2005, 08:15 AM
    Thanks, but the thing is, so many people say... YOU Don't KNOW WHAT LOVE IS UNTIL YOU GET OLDER... what if I do know? Is it normal for a fourteen year old to think this way?

Jul 7, 2005, 08:23 AM
    It is extremely normal to feel this way, but believe me (not to try and put you down, but) you do not know what love is. There are so many amazing things to experience in a relationship and even if you have been in a relationship recently or right now, it may be great, but there is so much more that you will learn in the future...

It's hard for me to say, because I am a bit young, so I probably don't even know what love is, but during the teen years, it is common to think you know what love is, but you most likely will not get the full idea of it until you are older. But don't be afraid to get into relationships, because it is all a real learning experience, even if the relationship doesn't work out.

I've been through some hard relationships, ones that have not been very good, but even though they were not good, it helped me to realize how great that person that is meant for you truly is.

I hope this helps, best wishes.

Jul 7, 2005, 08:26 AM
    Thank You So Much!
    Thank you very much... you are very good at giving advice!

Jul 7, 2005, 08:28 AM
    Thanks... I'm only three years older than you... but I do know what I'm talking about... lol. I wish you the best.
    lil miss vixen Posts: 49, Reputation: 0

Jul 7, 2005, 10:39 AM
    Love.
    Well, I'm 13 and I am like head over heels in love, but my boyfriend doesn't feel quite the same way. Just make sure that she feels the same way, and be positive before you tell her.

Jul 7, 2005, 12:43 PM
    But...
    Are you SURE your IN LOVE?
    lickemlolly Posts: 397, Reputation: 62

Jul 7, 2005, 03:12 PM
    A lot of teen say that they are in love... but really until your old enough most of the time its just lust... I used to do it when I was younger too.. the deep emotional feelings of real love won't hit you until later on in life and then you will look back and think wow that was all just puppy love... but its not bad to care about someone deeply at that age... it happens.. just remember you have your life ahead of you and most likely it will not last...
    turtlegirl Posts: 151, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2005, 05:04 PM
    Just to echo Lolly and wzartv (you need name that's easier to type lol), you MAY very well be in love. But chances are you may be in LUST or ROMANTIC OBSESSION or you may just be overly-psyched to have this particular guy interested in you, or any number of feelings. You just don't have the experience yet to know.

Remember that whoever this lucky guy is, he is just a PART of your life. You also want to keep up with your girlfriends, family, schoolwork, job, etc. Balancing can be very hard at any age. Keep that in mind and enjoy these great feelings you are having!
    Babeigotyou4eva Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2005, 04:12 PM
    Well,
    Well,
    OF COURSE IT IS! There isn't a perfect time to fall in love or anything. Just make sure not to do anything stupid with this boy. Don't rush into anything. Don't worry.. its not wrong. How long have you known him? :p
    Elke <3 :rolleyes:

Jul 11, 2005, 10:59 AM
    Trooper
    She didn't say is it OK to MAKE LOVE at 14 she said is it OK to be IN LOVE at 14, she's 14, she doesn't want to think about getting in the sack, so why don't you 'get off your high horse' and listen to what she asked.
    :rolleyes:

Jul 11, 2005, 12:04 PM
    Thank you little...
    Thank you lil' miss vixen. I have known this guy for about two year. I met him at my church. He used to not talk to ma AT ALL. I had WAY too much energy.I was kind of hyper. Well I gave him my phone number because I got a new cell. He gave me his as well and told me if I ever neeeded anything to just call. Well, he actually called me first. And we talked EVERY NIGHT for about a year and a half... (and still do) and he is just so Perfect to me. He makes me feel ON TOP OF THE WORLD. I feel way higher then on a horse.(hehe) especially when I am with him. Like today, I told him that I wasn't ready to kiss him yet. I just didn't think it was the right time. I am just weird like that!

Thanks,
    Me**

Jul 11, 2005, 01:53 PM
    That's..
    That's very sweet, sorry about that other girlthat totally took everything the wrong way I hate people like that, it's like calm down. Sheesh
    Beenkie Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2005, 07:04 AM
    No...
    No, its not bad.. my opinion is that most people experience LOVE at older ages but sometimes, it happens with teens... it's natural but first you haf to realize if you really love them or not.. but sometimes the best things are ae waiting for you l8r in life but sometimes, love doesn't... but yes, it's OK to love at 14 n B IN love at 14... its perfectly fine...

Love,
    Beenkie
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 20, 2005, 04:22 PM
    I think most everyone has said the same thing on this thread, however no one really believes that you could be in love at 14, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt, because I have known couples that said they knew since they were 14,15,16, yes it is a little young, but love is a feeling, not like a driver's license and you have to wait to be a certain age, just remember that we shouldn't fight or try to bring other down on this forum we are all here to help one another, anyway if its what you feel it is what it is then and hopefully he will reciprocate those feelings and if he doesn't then you know it wasn't love.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2005, 04:42 PM
    Love
    You can be "IN LOVE" at almost any age. The only problem is that your idea of love will change greatly over the next 10 years, heck it may change over the next 10 days.

The main thing with the level of love is that it needs to grow and mature.

I know it will feel as big as everything just let it take time, and don't over react
    wilkinslaedi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2005, 11:23 PM
    You decide
    Love is a state of mind.. . love is what you think it is or should be.. . only you can answer your own question.. . the more experienced you become in relationships the better you can judge what love means to YOU.. . not by what others have said it is.. . love can be very different to me then it is to you.. . love can be as storng as anger or fear or hate.. . it's the intensity of all the emotions that we can have all combined into one weird, yet so exciting feeling.. . love is what it is to you.. . you decide what the definition of it is and then ask yourself if you can be in love at 14.. . as you get older your idea of love might evolve into something more mature or intricate.. . and then again it might not.. . just remember, not everyone's definition of love is the same, that's where you run the risk of getting hurt.. . be wise about throwing such emotions around.. . all in all love is what you want it to be.. .

Dec 13, 2005, 09:59 PM
    Thanks so much
    These are awesome posts... they have all helped me a lot!
    ty90012 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2007, 11:10 AM
    No way, love is always a good thing. Although there are people who will try to hurt you, will find the correct person for you and then you have true love.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in love with him [ 4 Answers ]

Ive been seeing this guy and now we are not working out because I hardly see him should we just end this realationship or should I try working it out with him because I really love him?? I've been seeing this guy for a couple of months now. Recently I found out from him he met a girl in a bar...

This guy love you [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings this older song called "This guy loves you?

Looking for love? [ 1 Answers ]

It has been a while since my last serious relationship. I miss my ex so much that I have begun to think about him a lot more these days. Its weird that I am constantly seeing people that remind me of him. Whenever I went out I would somehow bump into him or someone that knew him. For a while I...

What is love? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm confused I don't what I feel for him, so I have some question.. What is love? How you tell if you really love that person and is not just a crush? What's a crush? How can you tell if he's the right one?

View more questions Search