Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mythicapix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Cell Phone Lighting Up @ 3:30 a.m. for No Reason
    Hi. I was wondering whether anyone else had this experience. My phone over the last two years (I have a Treo 600, which I will be getting rid of here soon) lights up for absolutely no reason @ 3:30 a.m. -- at the same time usually, either myself or my significant other wakes up -- the light will go on sometimes RIGHT after we wake up -- it's creepy as heck -- has happened about 10 times now.

We've had other weird paranormal experiences over this time, too, but this is a weird one. Really wondering why it happens at this time, which I heard is the "witching hour," between 3 a.m. and for a.m. No text message, no phone call, nothing -- just bright blue light.

Thoughts?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Maybe your service is being tested by the company that provides the service? It would make sense for them to do that in the middle of the night when you would be least likely to be interrupted by a test.

Just a thought.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 9, 2007, 07:29 PM
    I also heard that overnight, when call volume is at its lowest, some towers may be powered down. When its time to wake up, the towers are re-powered and tested. That may well be the tower nearest you and your phone got "toned"
    Do you get an itemized phone bill? Or call your phone service and see if this common.

Just a thought, part duex ;-)
    JDW1889 Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 05:31 PM
    I don't know why a spirit would want to make a phone light up at 3:30 a.m. I agree with captianrich with the tower thing. But I also heard of the witching hour to so maaybe were wrong? Maybe a spirit just wants to freak you out and is using a creativeway nobody would expect.
    MayMsredrose Posts: 189, Reputation: 13

Sep 2, 2007, 04:08 AM
    HI... Can't you check with the service provider to find out if they are testing the coverage during this time?? You have mentioned that it happened to you several time, and you have mentioned that you had other weird paranormal experiences over this time, too, what happened? Please provide us with more information regarding these incidents... because it might be spirit around or simply a problem with your cell phone/coverage... For the time being the best thing you do is to pray before your sleep asking GOD for protection & check with your service provider.

Good Luck

Ms. Redrose
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Sep 2, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Occam's Razor
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    Interesting and helpful information contained in the link provided above!
    JDW1889 Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 06:06 PM
    OOOOO I'm a ghost and I'm going to haunt your cell phone and use up your minutes!!
    Maynards Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2011, 07:33 PM
    This happens to my phone too, but at 3:00. Same deal that I woke up for no reason at all and then the light turns on as if it has been touched. I was really freaked out, cause this happened on halloween, but my husband said that it has happened when he has been awake watching TV. Did you ever find out whether the service provider or tower was making this happen?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Don't Want A New Cell Phone! [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: Hi, A couple of years ago I purchaes a flip phone from ATT Wireless-about a year ago CellularOne took over. I chose the pay-as-you-go service. Last month, I was more or less informed by CellularOne that I needed to sign up for a new pay-as-you-go plan & purchase a new phone. I don't...

Cell Phone [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any websites that have totally free music down loads for sprint cell phones :confused:

Already own cell phone? [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone direct me or inform me?I previously had a contract with a company who provided cell phone service(ALLTELL) The contract has been Up(1year) 9th of Jan 2005.Iwould like to use my exsisting phone(Motorola) And sign on with a new company.Most PCS will not do this,you have to use Their...

Cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

How can I obtain a phone bill that belongs to my husband

View more questions Search