Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jul 8, 2007, 10:37 PM
    Obsessed with partners Ex
    My partner loved his Ex very much, and I can recall him telling me at the beginning of our relationship that if he were still in the same country as her, he would proabably still be with her. At the time I didn't think much of that, but now, it seems to be absorbing all my thoughts, and every time he says something wonderful to me, I think in my head that he is saying it to her...

I would like suggestions on what I can do within my own head to make this obsession go away... It is an insecurity, but I am looking for advice. I don't want to forget about it, I want to be OK about it.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 10:45 PM
    I still love my first love to some extent, and I always will. My husband was upset about me saying that at first, but it died down and he pretty much forgot about it. What you can do is talk to him about it. Ask him questions. Lots of people like remembering and talking about their past, it makes them feel good about the things they have done. They also feel more comfortable talking to you about it if you show you are interested. Even if you aren't interested, act like you are. If you are both okay with it, it won't be such an issue :)
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jul 8, 2007, 10:50 PM
    He likes talking about it, and I suppose that I feel left out, because he is only the second person I have ever loved, and the first, I see now, doesn't compare at all... so in reality, he is probably my first love... so I suppose I feel... I don't know..

I do ask him questions, but his responses are always so positive that I end up feeling jealous and then I sulk... and he hates that - how do I stop myself from doing that - I suppose it comes down to being happy with yourself in the end?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 10:52 PM
    The thing you have to think about is, he is with you now. If he didn't want to be with you, he wouldn't be. If he was still obsessively in love with his ex, he wouldn't be with you. If you are happy with yourself and happy with him, everything will be OK. One other thing you can do is talk about your past, try to get him interested in you. If it bothers him, maybe he'll see how you feel, and not talk about his ex so much :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Many sex partners [ 9 Answers ]

Is it normal for a man to not only want, but have sex with many different women? And to jack-off to images of females and their body parts on a regular basis?

Partners Dilema [ 3 Answers ]

I am a lesbian and have been involved with my partner now for almost two years. She has came out to everyone but her parents, even her 9 year old daughter. Everyone has been so accepting. The dilema is that I can not be her partner when we visit her parents for holiday events or birthdays. I have...

Both me and my ex have new partners and we want each other back! [ 3 Answers ]

This is very hard. About 4 months ago me and my g/f split up. 2 months later though we hadn't really totally gotten over eahtother we stopped contact and we both ended up in a relationship with other people. But she would talk to me on msn every now and then which was once a month.at this time we...

DBA and Domestic Partners [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My registered domestic partner and myself are starting a small business in California. We are trying to file our DBA paperwork - but we don't know how. There is no category for domestic partners - only husband and wife, co-partners, etc. Does anybody know how we should file? Thanks!

View more questions Search