Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andrewyunwen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 05:45 PM
    Kenmore Elite Dryer Model # 110.63952101 won't stay running
    I have a 3 years old Kenmore Elite Dryer (Model # 110.63952101). The dryer can be started and will heat, but shuts down after 1 to 2 monutes. It seems like a control problem. What do I need to replace?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 06:04 PM
    What do you do to get it going again? Do you have to wait for how long before restarting or can you just hit the start button and it goes? Do you have a meter to do some testing?
    andrewyunwen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 06:11 PM
    I just need to press the "Start" button after the dryer shuts down, the dryer will restart, heat, give a clicking noise after 1 to 2 minutes of running, then stop. I don't know what I should check.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 07:00 PM
    If this is doing this all the time and not just once in a while I think it is the motor heating up and going off on overload. I would get into the motor, disconnect belt and wire motor direct with a test cord and see if it shuts down. If it does the motor is bad. Next I would put belt back on and test again with test cord to see what it does with a load. BE SAFE working with electricity. I would also look for loose connections especially the door switch. Post back with results. These type issues are harder to locate but just have to start testing the obvious

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Washer (Model#110.82873120) Spin Probs [ 5 Answers ]

I have the Kenmore Elite King Size Washer, Model#110.82873120. Last night it quit working on the "Spin" cycle. I can still hear and feel the cycle operating, but there is a "clicking" that goes on and the agitator doesn't spin, nor does it agitate during the cycle. The draining mechanism...

Kenmore Elite Dryer Model 110.63932102 will not heat [ 6 Answers ]

My dryer stopped heating although it runs. I confirmed I was getting 240volts at the source. I checked the continuity of the element, the thermal fuse and the thermostat and found that they were continuous. I have read that the thermistor might have something to do with it...

Kenmore Elite Dryer Model 110.74972301 no heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dryer that runs but has no heat. The ignitor do not spark the gas to get the heat on. The model is 110.74972301. I had this on an older model and found a fuse on the back of the dryer that was an overload fuse. Replaced it and it worked. I can not find that on this dryer. Can you...

Washer Kenmore Elite Model 110.23022101 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My Kenmore Elite washer made a loud clicking noise when it got to the spin cycle. It appears that it will not spin or agitate. It will drain. Any thoughts before I call a repair man?

Kenmore Elite Model 110 [ 1 Answers ]

The washing machine is not spinning, so I am attempting to replace the coupler. I am able to partially remove the front console, but I can not remove the main knob. I found instructions that say to hold the dial and turn timer knob counter clockwise, but this is not working. This should be...

View more questions Search