Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckbest54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote Receiver
    Have a Northport III 52" ceiling fan and can't figure out where to place the remote receiver. The installation manual says to place it in the upper canopy, but there's not enough room and after installing I can't secure the canopy. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?:confused:
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Hate to say it. Wires, wirenuts everything has to be positioned just right. Better if small children not around, you may need to vent during installation. Make sure breaker is off. Good Luck.
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2007, 05:52 PM
    What receiver was purchased, Hope the person who bought for you, did not get the"Big"
    receiver, they won't fit. Hire professional Electrician. I new you had less than 10 post, with the red mark you gave, then I saw 1, Sorry you had a bad day.
    Use wall unit, maybe X10. Can be controlled anywhere.
    Plus, If you did not curse, it will not fit.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 08:27 PM
    There's a trick to it. The receiver fits in the "u" of the bracket, or the bracket fits in the "u" of the receiver, or something like that. It's been discussed on these forums before.
    wireconfusion Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2007, 08:34 PM
    I didn't pull my wires through the main part, I brought them around the sides. If you bring them right down the middle, they get in the way of slipping the receiver in the center. If you bring them around the sides, they seem to lay well at the top of the Canopy. Be sure to use the smaller, orange, wire nuts, they take up less room... make sure your wires are not exposed at all.
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Warning, He already says IMPOSSIBLE, Any suggestions may result in red mark.
    mbezdek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 07:10 PM
    I have the same problem - there does not seem to be a way to get it to fit in... if I don't put it in but use a light switch that controls the fan speed, will that work?
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2007, 07:44 PM
    You can, if you have two hot wires, but it CAN fit.
    Popeye62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 12:09 PM
    The yellow receiver box slide in the black hanger housing. This is the housing that screws onto the junction box in your ceiling. My junction box is very shallow, so I could not tuck the wires into the box. I routed my supply wires over the top of the black hanger and connected them externally, taping them for extra safety.

You may notice the yellow remote receiver has rounded ends. Slip the end with the brown antenna wire through the hanger first, and let the brown wire hang out of the canopy for best reception. In my humble opinion the instructions were below par!

I would post a picture of how I got the receiver to fit if I could.
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 09:02 PM
    If you email me the picture I can post it.

All wiring connections need to be made inside the outlet box and/or canopy.
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Here is Popeye's photo:
    Attached Images

radiederich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 06:00 PM
    Where is the receiver located in the fan?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 10, 2010, 07:10 PM

Radie, this is a pretty old post and ceilingfanrepair has not been here for months, wish he was. That yellow box is the receiver and it fits snuggly inside the canopy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan remote [ 26 Answers ]

We have missplaced our remote for ceiling fan. Fan will not work. Have another remote for other fan but will not work on this fan. Can I secure a remote that will work fan? Please help Hot in bed

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 5 Answers ]

I have two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans in my office that works off the remote the problem is the remote will work one fan just fine but it doesn't work the other fan at all please help

Hampton Bay Redingtom IV Ceiling fan remote receiver [ 1 Answers ]

The yellow covered remote control receiver in the fan box is simply too big to fit in the decorative mounting bracket cover. The directions mention a receiver mounting bracket, that was not there, and wouldn't have fit inside either. Anyone had to deal with this yet? Instructions attached. Jim

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a Hunter ceiling fan with a Hampton Bay remote. The remote controls the fan correctly. The light works when pulling the chain but does not work from the remote. I wired the blue wire from the remote to the black/white striped wire from the fan. Any suggestions?

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan W/remote [ 1 Answers ]

How do I switch wind direction?

View more questions Search