Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Codecafe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Am I in love with my best friend or is it just a rebound
    This story is long and complicated but here goes.

I've been married for 12 years to a woman who was a member of the church I attend. She would come to my family's house a couple of times a week to have Bible study with my mom. She was 7 yrs older than me (I was 20 at the time) we started seeing each other much to my parents dismay and were married 2 years later. The relationship quickly went cold. In 2000 I was sent out of state for 6 weeks to work on a project for the company I work for. While there I started an online relationship with a woman living overseas. My wife came out to see me to discuss our marriage and to inform me that she was pregnant. I knew I had to do the right thing and stay with my wife, but 3 months later she miscarried. We decided to stay together and in 2002 our son was born. Again the relationship fell apart and I started dating a woman I worked with. I moved out and moved in with my girlfriend. It didn't last long. She had become very demanding and would become angry if I would want to spend time with my son. My wife and I decided that for the sake of our son I should move back in with them. I did, but my wife and I slept in separate rooms and were basically just roomates.

In late fall of 2005 I was out with a friend and we decided to drop into an 80's club that I had heard about. We weren't there long when my attention was caught by a woman that I saw on the dance floor. I knew I had to talk to her. I made my way to her and we started to chat. It turns out she was a weekend regular, not there to hook up with anyone, but just to dance and to help out the staff. The next night I went back by myself to see if I could find her. She was there. The more I talked to her the more I liked her. She was so friendly and down to earth. I felt so comfortable with her. A couple of weeks later we started dating. She was everything I had ever looked for. It didn't take long for me to realize I was falling for her, and she felt the same toward me. We were together for nearly a year when I started feeling guilty. I felt that I had not been a good role model for my son. I had become weak in my faith and I knew that I had to try to do what was right. The day I broke up with her was one of the hardest of my life. I loved her and I knew that she loved me too. I wanted to spend my life with her, but I knew I had to do things the right way and work on stengthining my faith and being more of a parent to my son. I had every intention to disolve my marriage and to someday make this girl a permanent part of my life.

My wife decided that she wanted to try to work on our marriage. I was still so much in love with the other woman, but knew I had to try to do what I felt was right. Things didn't improve and my wife filed for divorce in jan. the 1st court hearing was set for the end of April. In early April I went to see my ex girlfriend. I wanted us to try to be friends. Being around her though, I knew my feelings for her were still very strong. I still held the hope that my marriage could be saved and so I had to force myself to stop thinking of my ex. I stopped contacting her, which I knew hurt her. Slowly my feelings for her started to taper off and I could concentrate on what I needed to do. The divorce proceedings started and I moved out of my home and into an apartment. It was the first time I had ever lived alone. I was so scared of losing my son and afraid of the major changes that were taking place in my life.

In mid may I was hanging out with a female friend (she and I had known each other for a few years and I considered her to be one of my best friends. I had never seen her as anything more than that. She was more like a sister to me than anything). She admitted that she had an attraction to me. This took me completely by surprise, but suddenly I started seeing her in a new light. We decided to start seeing each other. It didn't take me long to fall in love. In mid June I told my ex girlfriend that I was dating my friend. She was crushed. She had held on to the belief that if my marriage didn't work out that she and I would be together again. I told her that as much as I wanted us to be friends that we couldn't because she still loved me, and I was with someone else.

Does anyone have an opinion on what is going on here. I've gotten myself into such a confused state of mind. I'm dealing with going through a divorce, being on my own for the first time, being in a new relationship with a girl who up until a month and a half ago had only ever been just a friend, and on top of that I still find that I miss my ex girlfriend with whom I had so much in common. Any advice or suggestions would be wonderful, because right now I don't really know which way is up and which way is down.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jul 8, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Honey I don't know but you seem to fall in love rather easily and quickly from what I've read here. Maybe you need to be on your own for a while longer and learn what it is you really want.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Jul 8, 2007, 04:29 PM
    From my own experience with women just join the priesthood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in love with my best friend [ 4 Answers ]

:o my best friend is the one that I love an d I can not getover him please tell me if he likes me the same way I like him or if he likes me at all? Paige belanger

Am I my best friends rebound love [ 1 Answers ]

I've been best friends with a guy for about 3 years now. He and I have always been there for each other and have been like brother and sister to each other. Anytime I've had a problem with a boyfriend he has always been there to give advice or to just listen to me. He was married, but he and his...

I'm in love with my best friend [ 1 Answers ]

My friend cory is a bad-boy but funny and caring -to me at least-he is cute and is smart so he has brown eyes and black hair skinny and he eats a lot I'm not sure if he is joking but he often calls me fatty because I eat a lot of food around him to make him like me more and talk to me! Can you...

In Love with my Best Friend ! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, What will you suggest a person to do when she falls in love with her best friend, even after knowing she is only his friend and he is in love with somebody else. Its 5 Years now, I seen my best friend get in & out of relationships. Even after knowing I am mad in love with him, I am still...

Rebound or lost love? [ 3 Answers ]

I dated this girl for 4 years, basically lived together for most of them at college, fell in love, and wanted to take it to the next step. We rarely had any problems or difficulty communicating. Distance got in the way when we were trying to figure out jobs and grad school because she lived about...

View more questions Search