Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sodie75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Contract for deed
    I was offered to buy a house on contract for deed int the state of Illinois, and I was wondering about the laws that pertain to that. Can anyone help me? :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 8, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Laws in what area? Contracts for sale are basically composed of an agreement on the buyer's part to pay a certain amount (down pmt and monthly) for a specified term. At the end of the term the seller transfers the property to the buyer.

Contracts for sale often include a baloon payment to allow the buyer to obtain their own financing.

You should have a real estate lawyer check the contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract for Deed, Please Help! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a situation, and could use some solid advice. I own a 2-family house in Missouri, and have been living in it for two years. I re-financed it last year, pulling cash out of equity. I now owe more on the house than I could hope to get in a *quick* sale. I plan to move to Texas in the next...

Contract for Deed [ 4 Answers ]

Dear folks: I've been crawling through the site, and I wish I'd found you guys when I BOUGHT my house! Ah well... I have an offer on the sale though, please help. Forgive me for beating a horse that might already be dead, but I have an offer on my house with C2D and I have NO IDEA what I need...

Contract for deed [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am a seller who signed a contract for deed with the buyer about 18 months ago. This was his idea and also he prepared the form and all the requirements for it. I never knew such thing as contract for deed till he mentioned it. We also added in that contract for re-financing after 12...

Contract for deed [ 3 Answers ]

Selling and wondering what steps to take over and above my realtor? Thanks

View more questions Search