Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dxb0141 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 01:03 PM
    New pool Different water level
    I purchased an above ground 28 ft pool and had it installed last year.

This year the water level on one side is 6-7 inches shallower than the other.

If you were standing near the intake for the filter and the water was up to your chest the level directly across would be around the belly button (6-7 inches)

I don't believe there is a leak.

I am concerned as this seems like a serious shift and could eventually affect the liner or sidewall.

Any advice is welcome as I have no experience with pools
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jul 8, 2007, 10:31 PM
    That is some serious settling of your pool. This should be considered a problem that requires attention. If you ignore this problem it will most certainly get worse. 6-7 inches in a year is a huge amount - something is majorly structurally failing with your pool.

It is time to call a pool company, or drain it and rebuild it from the ground up solving whatever ground failure you currently have. This will probably require a new liner as well.

Cheers.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Level above ground pool [ 3 Answers ]

I have reviewed some answers re: leveling above ground Pools. I have used "all purpose sand" vs. "play/beach sand" Will this sand be OK before I actually lay down the ground liner?

Water leakage + toilet bowl water level [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new house (1.5years old) and I recently noticed water leakage from the ceiling just below the master bathroom on the 2nd floor. I called the home builders (I have warranty on this house) and they said they could not find any leaks and that it happened because of improper usage. I am...

Pool, spitters or over pool jets of water [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to find the spitters that send streams of water over the pool. Thanks, Judy

Inground pool, automatic water level? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, As a new owner of a house with a pool, I have lots of question to ask, 1. I just filled the pool with well water, the water is kind of green. What is reason and what is cure? I added two container (4 gallons?) of 11% chlorine already. 2. Is there automatic water level indicator? I...

How can I level my above ground pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I bought a pool last year, I think its about 14', its not one of those super nice ones with the deck attached or anything, just one of those 400 dollar ones from wal*mart... but I could never get it to stay up.. I think it was just not level enough last year, it would stay up fine for a couple...

View more questions Search