Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karma Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Jul 6, 2005, 11:06 AM
    My house is haunted
    The other night I found this site by typing in 'how do you know if your house is haunted'.Well, after reading what others wrote I began piecing things together. I am sure that my house is haunted. I would like to find out the history of this house (it was built in 1888) but I don't know where to start. Can anyone help?
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 8, 2005, 05:50 AM
    Historical society
    Does your town have a historical society in it? Libraries are also a good place to look. They generally have old town news papers on hand. You could also go to the tax office and research former owners.
    killcrazypirate91 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 06:23 PM
    What strange things have occurred in your home?
    sheeshee312 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Start with public records.
    ghostfreak3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 8, 2010, 07:36 PM
    Find a quiji board and try that.ask the spirits your questions with it.

You can also draw a pentagon on the floor and repeatedly do rituals and the spirit will eventually give you signs(plain signs(you won't be able to miss them)).

I tried this with my family and got all the answers I needed.it is guaranteed to work.
    Dezy89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 08:31 AM
    Comment on ghostfreak3's post
    Why would u use that?? It opens doors for the spirits u don't want
    bestbessie Posts: 45, Reputation: 10

Dec 29, 2010, 07:45 PM
    Your house isn't haunted. Nobody's house is haunted. Old houses have old wood, old structures, cracks and nooks and crannies, they can often give you the creeps especially when you're alone- thank you human imagination.

I have to wonder what is the outcome if you believe your house is haunted? What is this ghost going to do to you, kill you in your sleep, slaughter your pets? Will the outcome be any different if you were to instead accept that you live in an old house that makes noises? How will thinking that you house is haunted do anything to change your life other than give you a spooky feeling when you live in it?
    sammybaby199 Posts: 66, Reputation: 7

Oct 21, 2011, 06:31 PM
    NEVER USE A OUJIA BOARD. It opens doors that you do not want opened. That's like leaving a door wide open for a stranger to come in. I used,that twice the first time it spelled sam b@#$& die then the glass flew off the board and the last time I used it somethinf followed me home and had a nightmare of a demon for a week. I strongly advise anyone not to use it.
    sammybaby199 Posts: 66, Reputation: 7

Oct 21, 2011, 06:35 PM
    And drawing pentagons os what devil worshipers do that's not a good thing to use at all. Not at all.
    0405376438 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 03:43 AM
    To bestbessie how do you know if there's no such thing as a haunting my house was built this year and I've had a Ghost/Demon haunting me.

Plus ghost are real cause my Nan & Pop who I never meet cause they died before I was born always come see me and my mum so think before you say.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

May 26, 2012, 05:33 AM
    Forget all of this oujia board and pentagram talk. It's obvioulsy adivice given by teens who watch more TV than do research.

Looking into a historical society nearby is a good idea, but the best thing you can do is to talk to neighbors or others who have been around for awhile. As Fr_chuck always points out, there is no real database for haunted houses an deaths in homes.

Karma, what is going on in your home that makes you believe something is there?
    divamom1969 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 08:06 PM
    I've lived in haunted houses for years maybe they follow me I believe they do from house to house and I'm not the only one that hears it my kids hear it and they are grown now and hear it and ask if its me so don't think your house isn't haunted cause maybe it is I'm 42 saw the first thing when I was 9 or 10 I hear stuff all the time that isn't there don't listen to people who don't believe they don't understand go with your gut that's that
    A Random Phrase Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 12:52 PM
    I think having one's deceased relatives (or friends) visiting or watching over you is different from being haunted. To me, "haunted" implies an evil spirit or a spirit who has died but does not realize s/he is dead.

I think many people who think their house is haunted really live in a house (as mentioned earlier) that settles and creaks. A lot of old houses do that. However, I'm not ruling out the possibility of houses actually having someone there who doesn't realize they're dead. Still, the scary stories we hear are probably embellished, a load of hooie, or the real cause of the experience is unknown. Spirits cannot physically hurt someone with a body. Those with a body have more power than those without, unless one gives in to them (like with the ouija board mentioned above). The power comes when one does not realize that one has more power than a spirit and is thus tricked into giving in to fear or whatever else.
    cococola44 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2012, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostfreak3 View Post
    Find a quiji board and try that.ask the spirits your questions with it.

You can also draw a pentagon on the floor and repeatedly do rituals and the spirit will eventually give you signs(plain signs(you won't be able to miss them)).

I tried this with my family and got all the answers I needed.it is guaranteed to work.
    Not something you want to suggest to someone unless they do things correctly. If you are not smart about it you can welcome in wrong entities.

Jun 20, 2012, 06:34 PM
    There is no "smart" way to play with a ouija board.

Jun 20, 2012, 06:46 PM
    That is the truth and that is how I feel yes but in other religions that use pendilum necklaces or boards think different. I look at the board as a doorway to negative entities to come in.

Jun 20, 2012, 07:30 PM
    That's the only way I view it.

Jun 20, 2012, 10:15 PM
    Then we agree! :)
    zombiekitt3n Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2012, 06:58 PM
    I wouldn't recommend that because messing with a quiji bored is like opening the door for something stronger and more disturbing.
    zombiekitt3n Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2012, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Forget all of this oujia board and pentagram talk. It's obvioulsy adivice given by teens who watch more tv than do research.

Looking into a historical society nearby is a good idea, but the best thing you can do is to talk to neighbors or others who have been around for awhile. As Fr_chuck always points out, there is no real database for haunted houses an deaths in homes.

Karma, what is going on in your home that makes you believe something is there?
    I agree. Im fourteen and well aware that messing with the oujia bored is extremley dangerous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my new house haunted? [ 11 Answers ]

We built and moved into a house 8 months ago. We have one room that we had some Bali statues and tribal mask in for decoration. Since we added these we have had a few people house watch for us who did not like the room. My mother stayed and put all the Bali stuff in a bag in the garage because they...

My house is haunted! [ 17 Answers ]

I've always had ghostly experiences since I was 2 years old. I am 51 now. We just purchased another home 5 months ago. The very first night we stayed here (my gr'daughter and I) hubby was out of state working, we were going to sleep in one of the bedrooms.I heard a bunch of whispering, like a...

Is my house haunted ? [ 45 Answers ]

Is my house haunted? Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. My little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what he's seeing but stares and giggles. I hear my name called but when I ask who's shouting me no one in house has. I get strange...

Is the house haunted [ 9 Answers ]

I've been going round a friend of mines house now for about a year. Everything was fine until about three months ago when strange things started to happen it started with small things like things being moved or going missing and then finding them in different places where I know for a fact I did...

How can I tell if my house is haunted? [ 43 Answers ]

:o Weird things have happened off and on the past 4 years we've lived in our house. It was terrible at first. Terrible dreams about the house, about bodies buried in the walls. It felt like there was a male spirit present at times, not a good one but maybe wanting to scare us? My daughter, for...

View more questions Search