Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ksmith580 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Backup Media Not being Read
    I backed up some important files onto 2 dvd's on my laptop dvd burner using the utility from windows xp. I reimaged the drive and now don't have access to the files on the dvd. System says it can't read the discs'? The drive shows up in device manager and says it is functioning properly. Just would like to get the files from the disc! Help me please?
    It is a Dell d600 with one of their dvd burners.:confused:
    gamer Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Did you check the disks before you reinstalled? Sounds like a bad burn, hope not. Try the media on a different PC to see if it shows up if not then you have bad disks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Media Program will read an ISO file straight from a PC [ 7 Answers ]

What I really need is a Media Player that will play a .ISO file (A DVD Movie) straight from my PC. I am going to IRAQ and want to take some movies with me over there. Vice taking the Hard DVD's. Anyone have any idea?

Media State. :media disconnected [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My computer won't connect to the internet it says that a newtwork cable is unplugged although the internet works perfectly well. I tried cmd config /renew and it says the same thing. Does anyone know why my computer won't connect to the internet?

Neither CDrom nor Floopy drive read media [ 2 Answers ]

Both, get power and at least spin the disks A known working floppy when inserted receives error message" disk not formatted" When cds are used, the operating system temporarily locks up as the rom attempts to read the media. Eventually function returns but disk can not be opened or explored....

Disc Drives won't Read Media [ 1 Answers ]

I think my computer has caught some strange disease. It is extremely sluggish and I cannot log on to my DSL internet, even though two computers hooked up by USB wireless adapters in the next bed rooms have no problem accesing the net. Therefore, I decided to backup all my data files and start...

Media State... Media Disconnected [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have two different internet connections. One, my roommates and I pay for to run torrents, online games, etc. The other is my complex's internet connection which sucks at anything but is used when roommates are sleeping and they are using torrents. My roommate tends to download...

View more questions Search