Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basketballchick Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Teaching on the college level
    I have been teaching at a middle school for 9 years now, and I would like to teach at a junior college or a 4 year university. I have my B.S. and my masters. What path do I need to take to help make my dream my reality?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Having a Master's degree should get your foot in the door. Not all colleges or universities require a PhD. Many institutues of higher learning will aide the instructor in pursuing the PhD.

What education publications do you get? The NEA publishes a monthly magazine that has job vacanies listed, your local Job Service would have education postings, and you can check online for job listings on a site like monster.com. If you have a certain college or university in mind, call the human resources department and ask what positions are open.

Go to your local library and browse through the help wanted ads in the various newspapers. Even contact an employment service (exmaple, Spherion, if that is in your area) and get listed there.

Good luck in finding your new path.
    Emmalouise Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2007, 10:09 AM
    You can also try getting an adjunct position at a junior/community college. This is a good way to gain experience while pursuing your doctorate.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Start applying around for jobs and enroll in a doctoral program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teaching [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to know if there are some cool internet pages about "English teaching as a second language". Thanks

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Periodic Table of the Elements - Age/level appropriate teaching [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently looking for resources to teach the concepts of the Periodic Table of the Elements. Would you please share with me some good websites that will help me to tutor a youngster in Grade 9 Science? Thank you.

Teaching [ 3 Answers ]

Which fields or careers are most welcoming to former teachers or teachers seeking to transition out of teaching?

View more questions Search