Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicks78 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 02:18 AM
    Unethical lawyer
    excon,

I settled the case may 18th. And my lawyer has been my only contact, as the company is in Florida. He said 2nd week of June then third then end of month or shortly thereafter, then he hasn't heard anything as of 07/06/2007. He just doesn't sound right on the phone gut feeling. That's why I though there was a certain amount of time the had to pay, in NY its 21days, my brother is lawyer there, Pa is different. So I should try to track down the insurance company and see if the issued check? Harass my lawyer? Call ethical board and have them investigate or at least mention to my lawyer I may have to make an inquiry into these dealing with the defense lawyer for the hold up? A threat basically? This has just been three years in the making and I;m ready to have it over with. No more lawyers, and rude doctor appts.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Hello chicks:

I think YOU should DO what I suggested you do. That's getting on the phone and not getting off until you find out where your money is. That's something YOU can do. YES you should track down the insurance company. YES you should harass your lawyer. Those are the principals in this situation.

Personally, I have never had any success dealing with bureaucrats, and boards, and political appointees... They've never helped me. They've never gotten me a dime. They've never shut down the company I was complaining about. They never did anything, except to blow their own horn.

So, I have learned to take it upon myself to fight my own battles. I have become quite adept at it, as you might imagine, and I suggest you do too.

Working the phones is easy. Just remember the phrase, "Let me speak with your supervisor!", and use it liberally.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a lawyer [ 2 Answers ]

I am being discriminated against by wv law courts etc.

Any recourse against unethical doctor? [ 5 Answers ]

Do I have any recourse (in Small Claims Court)? I wanted to look better (less tired?) for my son's wedding and made an appointment at a dermatologist's office to have cosmetic injections. I wasn't given any definite price before the injections, but discussion with her assistant led me to believe...

Unethical realestate contract [ 10 Answers ]

My wife and I are in the process of selling out home. Our home has been on the market for about a month and a half. Monday of last week our realitor brought us a contingency contract from a prospective buyer. Our realitor said the buyer is in the process of selling their home and an offer for...

Unethical or Illegal? [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently terminated from employment. I have my immediate supervisor that tells me I violated policy and therefore am being terminated. I contested the violations to him and he admitted that the violations were without merit 'to him'. I have a witness to this discussion. An employee of...

Unethical? [ 3 Answers ]

Is this ethical? It seems to me that if something is illegal, and it would violate Forum Rules to post links in reference to it, then ANY help in finding such tools would be unethical. Anyone else? Scott<>

View more questions Search