Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Nali my daughter had reflux and so did my nephew. They were both on soy. I don't think I would try the 1/2 cows and 1/2 formula if I were you not for reflux. Have you tried feeding your baby slowly and holding it in a semi upright position and elevating the head of her bed. These things will help, also her ped. Should be able to give her medicine for it.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 29, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Thomas I was always told that goats milk would cause the teeth to turn brown or dark colored. Now this may be an old wives tale as I am from the South.
    Not sure about this myself. Never heard that before. I know you must exercise caution in prescribing certain meds to children, such as specific antibiotics (tetracyclines), for this very reason. Personally, I love goat cheese myself, but then again, I've been called a "dental nightmare" by a former dentist of mine. :D Hope someone here knows for sure. :)
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Jul 30, 2007, 09:01 PM
    In some cases it can go beyound dehydration and can build like ulcer like things, it can cause stomach bleeding. And can lead to allergies in the future... really not recommended
    newmummy Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2007, 06:24 PM
    I have a 6 month old baby boy and I am struggling to get him to have 2 bottles a day so I went to the health clinic and my gp and they said to top him up with other milky foods like yoghurt etc and put cows milk in his vegies and cereal because he wouldn't eat his food if it had formula in it
    So I think from 6 months you can put it in his foods!
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Well, star, I would suggest talking to either your child's pediatrician, or the department where you apply for your wic. Either one of them should be able to answer your questions there with plenty of reasons not to introduce the milk now. That is like corn, they say it will not digest in a child's stomach. Well I haven't been a child for a long time now, and not to be gross, but sometimes I still don't digest corn either. So maybe they don't know it all.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 12, 2007, 06:51 PM
    This question is over 3 months old. I do believe, and NS correct me if I am wrong, that this problem has been solved by now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How much should I feed my 6 month old baby girl? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if my baby girl is eating good. This is what she eats : 8-9 6ounze bottles of powder milk 2 3ounze plates of rice cereal 2- cans of fruit (gerber) Some of my food as well like rice, banana, bread ,soup What do you think!!

How much should I feed my 5 month old Lab? [ 1 Answers ]

I feed my 5 month old Lab 2 cups of food each morning, and night. Is that the correct amount? Thanks

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

View more questions Search