Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Whch is better, windows or Firefox ?
    Which one is better ? Windows is too slow. What about Firefox, any problems ?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 7, 2007, 08:16 AM
    I think you are getting confused here.
    Windows is a OPERATING SYSTEM where as Firefox is an INTERNET BROWSER.

I think you mean Internet Explorer and Firefox.
    Well if that's the case then FF wins hands down.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jul 7, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Yep.Firefox cuts the mustard for me too.Internet Explorer is just bloat ware.Plus you don't have to worry about "accident prone" Active X :D
    almighty_lunchbox Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 10:49 AM
    I have to third the FF recommendation. I used IE for years before I was enlightened to the glory of Mozilla Firefox. I had countless problems with the security holes in IE. The only problem I have had with Firefox is that it took some time to download the install file on my 28k dial-up connection.
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 10, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Firefox= much much better than internet explorer... FF has lots of built in features.. and not to mention customisation if your that kind of person...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Firefox all the way, dumped IE long long long ago.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Firefox has proven time and time again that it's the better browser, IE is trying to catch but it's always at more risk for security breaches.
    Miro Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Firefox is better because IE is old and slow while Firefox is modern and fast and you will be comfortable with it and there are also ''avant browser'' ''opera'' and ''netscape''
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 12:53 PM
    I'm a freak I still prefer IE. I know, I know... hangs head in shame.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 01:21 PM
    IE 7 is all right but it was obviously designed to look and work exactly like Firefox, I still use Firefox when I have the choice (at home)
    tnwoman Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 12:48 PM
    I really like Moz/Firefox, just loaded it but tweaking it is difficult, for me at least. I like all the plugins that you can get with it. IE has limited choices, and FF beats them hands down! I'm going to have to get some help in setting FF up because I think I have conflicting plugs-ins. Imagine that! Good Luck!
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Feb 19, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miro
    firefox is better because ie is old and slow while firefox is modern and fast and u will be comfortable with it and there are also ''avant browser'' ''opera'' and ''netscape''
    Just an add on comment - Netscape has been "dead ended"; you can read about it here. I'd steer clear of Netscape for that reason. Opera is also a good choice; haven't used Avant, so can't comment on it. Personally, I like Firefox because there are a lot of great add-ons for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retrieve Windows XP key but Windows won't boot [ 3 Answers ]

I have an HP machine that has had the case replaced (meaning the sticker is no longer stuck to the side of the case.) It also didn't come with any media (the restore partition is corrupted.) All I need to do to fix the booting problem is run a repair but I cannot get into Windows to retrieve the...

Windows & Firefox: Right Click "Open With" Option [ 5 Answers ]

Been mostly using FF this year but some sites don't play well - and some impossible. I've got shortcuts to these sites on my desktop. I'd really love to "designate" them as IE shortcuts so that they'll open with IE if I click on them. ... but if this is not possible, I'd like to at least...

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

Firefox Or IE? [ 17 Answers ]

The newest of version of Firefox is due to believe released today and it looks like it has hit a 10% market share (info from here). So I was wondering - what browser does everyone use regularly? Just curious to see the spread on these forums. I'm a Firefox user myself and I love it. It tops...

View more questions Search