Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Misssmartypant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2005, 06:54 PM
    Bad Odor in Attic/Third Floor
    My husband and I assumed one of our cats "sprayed" upstairs in our third floor bathroom (converted attic). The smell has come back after two full floor washings with enzyme remover. The smell seems to be strongest under the bathroom sink. When we checked the adjoining kitchenette, it seems to smell under the kitchenette sink. They share a wall. Could this be a dead animal? It smells very musky, urine-like--hideous.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2005, 07:07 AM
    Might be an issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Misssmartypant
    My husband and I assumed one of our cats "sprayed" upstairs in our third floor bathroom (converted attic). The smell has come back after two full floor washings with enzyme remover. The smell seems to be strongest under the bathroom sink. When we checked the adjoining kitchenette, it seems to smell under the kitchenette sink. They share a wall. Could this be a dead animal? It smells very musky, urine-like--hideous.
    ... with your plumbing venting. Try reposting in the Plumbing section.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attic bath [ 1 Answers ]

I'm finishing the attic space and need help connecting a shower and toilet together. A 3" drain and hot/cold supply lines have already been run up from the crawl space but pop up close to the eaves of the space. So I have got to come across a few joists to my fixtures. Because of the head room,...

Revent 1st floor fixtures when adding attic 1/2 bath? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, thanks ahead of time for any help you can offer. My house is a cape cod. I'm converting the attic into master suite with half bath. (yes, I had it checked, I have egress/access/structural support). My question deals with reventing. It is my understanding that all current vents have to be...

Raising a floor drain in concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old concrete floor with a newer pvc type drain. The floor slopes about 1.5" over 2' around the drain so I would like to raise the drain in order to level the floor to install ceramic tiles. I'm still going to ensure the floor slopes toward the drain just enough. I figure I need to...

Attic condensation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a feeling I know the answer to my query but I have to ask to be sure. My home is a quad level (tri-level with a full basement) when I was up in the attic over the weekend checking out insulation levels I noticed that on the underside of the north facing roof I had some condensation dripping...

Attic bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - we want to add a bathroom in our attic, right above existing bathrooms, but can't do 'the right thing' with running a new vent stack line to tie in fixtures below the existing units. My question is: If we put in this bathroom, which would be wet venting everything, what problems will it...

View more questions Search