Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deedybaby504 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 04:56 PM
    I'm not an adoptee
    I want to find my birth father but every website I got to they are talking about adoption but I have not been adopted I just want to find my birth father so can you refer me to a website that can find my birth father for free and its not one of those adoption sites
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 6, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Have you tried asking your mother about him?

Jul 7, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Yes but she always get mad when I ask her about him
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Jul 7, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Is his name on your birth certificate?

If it's not, then there isn't any official record of him as being your father, and the only way to find out for sure will be from your mother. You might be able to get some idea from her family or friends, if they can remember who she was with around that time.

Jul 7, 2007, 09:10 AM
    No its not and I waz a little baby when he left so I wouldn't know who my mom waz around that time and my mom just gets really angry when I ask about him that I'm scared to even ask her
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Jul 7, 2007, 09:18 AM
    There's no way to find him without her cooperation, then. There are no official records, nothing for any investigation to follow.

Jul 8, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Well I lived without him for 13 yrs
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Mar 12, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Hi,
    You will need his name in order to find him.
    Please don't be afraid to ask her about him. He is your father. You might want to refer to him as your biological father if you feel it may anger her for your asking about him. Yet, she may be awaiting for your questions. Most of the time, it is better to break the ice. Otherwise, as time goes on it becomes more harder to talk about with your family at times. Or if God forbid, something happens to her and you never have the opportunity to know. Then that ending is much more of a sad outcome.
    And if you have a burning desire to know, it is not healthy for you to be afraid of asking about something that you are entitled to know to begin with. Good or bad, sad or ugly, joyful or blissful in the outcome. You own all of it. It is your journey, and no one else's . Please remember that you are his child as well. :D
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 08:36 AM
    FSNZ---the original poster hasn't been back to the site since last July.

PLEASE check the dates on posts and the last time the OP has been here before just running through and answering old questions.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Mar 16, 2008, 06:56 PM
    I'm not an adoptee
    Synnen,
    Thank you for the suggestion. But if a question comes to me that I wish to answer, I will if it is still open. If the answers feel as if it needs more meat than I will answer it if I am able. There maybe someone else who feels the same. And having different opinions helps the seeker. It may balance the reader as well. Many people flip flop on their desires to find their family members in life. For whatever the reason. It maybe guilt. It maybe anger. Or it maybe that they just aren't ready. This individual may seek her/his answer one day while online. And I feel it is very important for someone to go out of their way, to try to help. Unless, they close a question that is.
    Deedy,
    There is also a birthfather.com site. You can do a browser search. They are birthfathers who are searching for their children. Some have been reunited, some not.
    I believe birthfather.com has a multitude of individuals who are searching. Some through adoption, some through lost contact with their children through the years.
    If you know his name, you can try:
    Free People Search by ZabaSearch!
    The Ultimates
    The Web's Largest People Search by Background Check, Public Records Search, E-Mail Address - Find People and Search Business at PeopleFinders.com
    White Pages Phone Directory with Free People Search
    You can start with a letter to him seeking information. Such as:
    http://members.tripod.com/rombergers/birthfather.html
    In many ways, you are just like an adoptee. You are seeking your biological link. Your father.
    For adoptees who search, that is what they usually wish as well. If you decide to search for anyone in your family, it is better to embrace searchers and find what works in order to receive a positive outcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search