Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amy_hepp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 01:46 PM
    How do I make my pet hedgehog friendly/nice?
    I just got a pet hedgehog form a couple that lives out of town, wanting to get rid of him. I researched everything I thought I needed to know about him, only problem is he is not very friendly? How can I make my new friend like me?
    ( he hisses and curls up in a ball every time I get near him)
    I want him to like me just as much as I like him... Can you please help?:confused:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Here is a website on proper care of a hedgehog : CARE OF THE PET HEDGEHOG

His problem is just simply that he's not used to you. He has been around the couple that geve him to you and is probably wondering where they are and where he is. The best thing you can do is work with him a lot. Hold him, give him some sort of a treat from time to time, and make sure he feels secure around you and in his surroundings. If he is old and set in his ways, he may never get used to you, but it would definitely help to just work with him.
    CoRyPost Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 06:30 PM
    What are you feeding him? Hedgehogs usually love meal worms and crickets. I used to give mine a few of those every evening and they would have a ball digging and chasing them. They are nocturnal so try working with him a lot at night. Biggest thing is that you have to gain his trust.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sonic the hedgehog [ 4 Answers ]

How do you defeat silver in boss battle?

Untame hedgehog [ 12 Answers ]

My mom resently bought me a pet hedgehog, I know how to take care of him and everything but what I want to know is how do I tame him, he rolls into a ball every time I pick him up and I can only handle him with gloves and he also will lick you and then start to bite me! How can I get him to unroll...

Friendly with guys [ 4 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend was talking to a girl before me and him got together. I was upset that he was still communicating with her so we kept arguing about her every time she came to mind. Now that we are not together, I found out that she is friendly with a lot of guys around the area. Even though we are...

User friendly linux [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I've installed Mandriva 10.1 but somehow it opens in command line mode. How can I switch to GUI? Thanks

Hedgehog Weedeater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GrassHog model #GH 600 ( Black and Decker ) electric weedeater that recently quit feeding and seems like the line is starting to shred from heat?? Any suggestions?? :confused: :)

View more questions Search