Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    5208wise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Computer power supply
    When I went on vacation I had switched the power strip to the off position and 10 days later when I switched back on at the power strip there was that sound of electronics sizzle with a small amount of smoke that I had through was something other than my desk top. I've checked the power strip and power supply and the other componets all work. Has this some how fried my computer?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 04:12 AM
    If some came out of your PC then something definitely burned, Is your PC switching on? If not someone possibly changed the voltage input on the Power supply and when you switched it on your power supply burned!

Give us the latest info on your PC, but I would suggest you give it to your local PC technicians to take a look at it...
    Miro Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 11:27 AM
    It didn't fry your PC this is because maybe wires have burned inside the power supply
    gamer Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 5208wise
    when i went on vacation i had switched the power strip to the off position and 10 days later when i switched back on at the power strip there was that sound of electronics sizzle with a small amount of smoke that i had throught was something other than my desk top. i've checked the power strip and power supply and the other componets all work. has this some how fried my computer?
    Does your PC bootup? When you turn it on are your fans going,beeps? Is your PS working?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom power supply [ 6 Answers ]

Have a two story townhouse with two and 1/2 baths. Have been trying to find a way to track the power source for the bathroom outlets. Each bath has an outlet but there is no power at this time. Used to work. Have tried opening switchplates and tracking the jumper wires to outlets, but none seem to...

What kind of power supply to use [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My name is zent and I'm having a problem with my power supply, I'm using a UPS(PC STAR)500VA but still my internet connection suddenly cut-off for 2-3 minutes, what could be the possible cause? Any help? Thanks Zent

Power supply [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a new mother board and I wanted to put my graphics card back in, but I'm worried that the power supply doesn't have enough power. I was going to try it, but I didn't want to if it might do some damage to my comp. Does anyone know if I try it and it doesn't work, will it possibly damage...

Power supply replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bad 250 watt power supply in a dell dimension 4600. Can I replace it with a 350 watt PS?

Computer Power Supply [ 9 Answers ]

Hey peepz! I recently noticed that ma new computer overheats often, which is starting to worry me slightly :eek: . I was told that it could be the power supply unit which is 250V. I have the following specs... 3400+ 64 AMD Processor MicroStar MSI MS-6741 uATX Motherboard 1024MB RAM ATI...

View more questions Search