Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    easterbunny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Rules regulations for 501c3 organizations
    Would a non profit organization (501c3) be in violation if, the organization participated in an internet travel business as a fundraiser, and at the same time, members of the same organization would also earn personal funds?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 20, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Hello easter:

It doesn't sound like it. The organization IS allowed to raise funds and the people who do it ARE allowed to be paid for their work.

excon
    krhnh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 05:14 AM
    Must a 501-C-3 organization allow non-members to participate in its activities?
    krhnh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 05:14 AM
    Must a 501-C-3 organization allow non-members to participate in its activities?
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2010, 06:20 AM

Hello k:

Like ANY corporation, it may control its activities.

excon
    Firedog7117 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2012, 03:40 PM
    Is a volunteer fire department required to have the word volunteer on all of their trucks, building, uniforms, etc. Or can they drop that part and just say, Fire Department and still remain a 501c3 organization ?
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2012, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedog7117 View Post
    Is a volunteer fire department required to have the word volunteer on all of their trucks, building, uniforms, etc.? Or can they drop that part and just say, Fire Department and still remain a 501c3 organization ?
    Hello F:

There's no rule about what you call yourself... It's how you ACCOUNT that counts

excon
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 20, 2012, 09:26 AM
    I am not aware of any rule regarding how a 501c3 marks its vehicles. But there are rules around markings on commercial vehicles - in most (all?) states commercial vehicles must be marked with the company name. I don't believe this appplies to vehicles owned and operated by a 501c3, but that's something to investigate. In general I would advise that you label the fire truck with the name of the organization that owns and operates it, not just the words "Fire Department." If you don't want the word "Volunteer" on the truck perhaps you should change the name of the organization.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ontario Regulations for Air Pistols [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I'm considering buying an air pistol when I turn 18 (couple months from now). First though, I would like to know the laws and regulations for air guns/pistols in Ontario. The reason I want one is that they've always fascinated me and I'd frankly like to try shooting a handgun. I know an air...

NEC Regulations [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I want to install a flush mounted fixture in my tub room. Can you tell me the NEC regulations to perform this kind of installation? Thank You Hugg

View more questions Search