Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corriehac Posts: 87, Reputation: -1

Jul 6, 2007, 12:38 AM
    Water pump will not prime
    My outside water pump will not prime. I loose prime every time the eltric goes out. Please help. I have no water.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 6, 2007, 04:53 AM
    You must evacuate the air from all the suction lines and the pump. It may take several minutes to prime depending on depth to water, pipe size and length. Note: it is easier to prime a pump if you allow all the air to escape from the pump and pipes. The water cannot go in unless the air can escape
    ThomasCKeat Posts: 157, Reputation: 12

Jul 6, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Install a check valve so when you have a power outage your pump will stay primed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you prime a pump? [ 5 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to prime a sprinkler pump the right way? I have 2 cut-off valves on my system. The first one leads to the pump, and the other valve leads to the cylinder shaped thing with the five tubes on it... My question is: do I close the 2nd valve and open the first valve to let water...

Well water pump-how to Prime or bleed it? [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: When running the water.. every few minutes.. it will stop for a few seconds.. and you will hear it start up again. This has just started to happen in the last few months.. and I was told it might need to be primed or blead. I have no idea how to do this! Will I need to contact...

Prime water pump [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know how to prime a well water pump? Thank you, Luz

View more questions Search