Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maurogz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2005, 05:30 AM
    Can not open "Display" item on Control Panel HELP !
    When trying to open the "display" applet inside Control Panel I get a message stating that the system administrator has disabled the miniapp "video" on control panel.

I am the administrator om my Windows XP computer and did not do this.

Can anyone help me plesae ?

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 4, 2005, 05:56 AM
    Worth a try
    Does right clicking and going to properties anywhere on your desktop produce the same results ?
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jul 11, 2005, 08:53 PM
    Device Manager in DOS
    Open DOS windows (click Start>Run>Command), devmgmt.msc. If this does not work, you will have to delete/rewrite the admin password.

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by maurogz
    When trying to open the "display" applet inside Control Panel I get a message stating that the system administrator has disabled the miniapp "video" on control panel.

I am the administrator om my Windows XP computer and did not do this.

Can anyone help me plesae ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't open the "help support" in explorer [ 6 Answers ]

I can't open the "help support" in explorer, internet explorer or Control panel. I am using XP PRO :confused:

Windows & Firefox: Right Click "Open With" Option [ 5 Answers ]

Been mostly using FF this year but some sites don't play well - and some impossible. I've got shortcuts to these sites on my desktop. I'd really love to "designate" them as IE shortcuts so that they'll open with IE if I click on them. ... but if this is not possible, I'd like to at least...

Background Display stuck in "Stretch" [ 6 Answers ]

My WindowsXP Background will not display in Center or Tile modes. The screen is white. I read that .htm documents are displayed in this way (Stretch only) but don't know what I did so that all images only display in Stretch mode. System Restore is no help.

Emulate a 14" display on a 17" monitor [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently changed my old 14" computer monitor to a new ViewSonic 17" (16" display) monitor. I design websites and I want to be able to emulate the *actual size* and resolution of a 14" monitor at 800x600 in my new monitor, to see what the rest of the net surfers see when viewing my pages. Is...

View more questions Search