Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Re ? About my puppy's bloody stool
    QUOTE=momlene]Hello... I have a puppy which is a shi-poo... the puppy was found running down a street with it's female litter mate... I believe I have found out the people that have sold the puppies and the article said the puppies have had their 1st 5 way shots and wormed... the puppies are around 10 weeks old... my puppy which is male has diarrhea about 3 times a day... I have had the puppy for 3 days... tonight the diarrhea had a small amount of bright red blood...
    Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

A young puppy with bloody diarrhea? GET HIM TO THE VET NOW! It could be parvo, and if so the sooner he gets on IV support, the better his chances.

Copied to public dog forum per site policy. I answered the PM due to the urgency I felt. Perhaps being here will help another sick puppy.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momlene
    I have 2 other dogs in my house that have had their vaccinations...are they still at risk to get parvo if it is what this puppy has....
    Again, answered on the board

That depends on how old they are and if any shots were after the mother's immunity wore off. Parvo kills puppies because they are too small to have much reserves to fight. It is much less serious for older dogs. To better understand it see Canine Parvovirus, What you should know about

I appreciate your confidence in me to send me the PM, but I strongly support the administrations policy of having all questions and answers out in public.
    maya1976 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 12:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    QUOTE=momlene]Hello...I have a puppy which is a shi-poo....the puppy was found running down a street with it's female litter mate....I believe I have found out the people that have sold the puppies and the article said the puppies have had their 1st 5 way shots and wormed....the puppies are around 10 weeks old... my puppy which is male has diarrhea about 3 times a day...I have had the puppy for 3 days....tonight the diarrhea had a small amount of bright red blood...
    Any suggestions?
    A young puppy with bloody diarrhea? GET HIM TO THE VET NOW! It could be parvo, and if so the sooner he gets on IV support, the better his chances.

Copied to public dog forum per site policy. I answered the PM due to the urgency I felt. Perhaps being here will help another sick puppy.[/QUOTE]
    I have 2 twin german shepherd my 1 male died two day ago from bloody stool he has died the first day more then 24 hour I paid 300. To the vet they tested him for par it came out negative. Second they put I've on my pup the negative for home care then after all that he died on the way home from the vet. So no matter what the dog can died now I have his sister she has it to she know her brother died now she has it too that weird cause back it the day my puppy never had that he was well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

5 week old kittens passing bloody stool [ 5 Answers ]

5 weeks old kittens are passing bloody stool and will an antibiotic help clear it up?

Bloody nose [ 1 Answers ]

I've always gotten bloody noses, especially in the winter, so its no supprise to me, but the last two days, I've gotten really bad ones. The first time, I was driving down the highway, and it started, so I grabbed a tissue... no big deal. It instantly filled my nose though, and went down into my...

Bloody Solution [ 4 Answers ]

Is blood a solution? solution= solute + solvent it seems like there are two answers to the question, but I have no firm grasp of which is more correct.

Puppy's first day home alone [ 3 Answers ]

We have just brought our havanese pup home from the breeder. He is 8 weeks old. I spent all day with him on Monday, as I could work from home, but this was only a temporary arrangement, and my wife and I are now working full time away from home. He is very comfortable in his crate, and he has a...

Puppy's Baby Tooth Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I just heard my five-month-old daschund crying, and I checked to see what was wrong.  He was playing with a toy and apparently pulled a tooth out.  I found the little tooth, and it had blood on it.  I checked his mouth, and it's one of his front bottom bicuspids.  It's a little sharp one....

View more questions Search