Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pixietwitched Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 03:04 PM
    I want thick healthy hair
    My hair was never as thin as it is now. It has been thin for the past 16 years and everyone reminds me of it. What are the reasons for my hair thinning? I'm only 30.
    fancykat Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2007, 05:46 PM
    There could be a number of reasons:

Have you had your thyroid checked? My hair wasn't growing at all, and I came to find out that I was hypothyroid. Also, certain medications and nutritional deficiencies can cause thinning.
    pixietwitched Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 07:56 PM
    I had my thyroid checked and they said it was normal. The only thing that has come up is a low platelet count. How low? They didn't tell me but are re-testing. I didn't used to eat any meat but have started again including beef which I haven't eaten since I was 13. I do take mult-vitamins but I haven't seen much of a change.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 6, 2007, 05:42 PM
    There are several factors that can cause the hair to shed or thin out, such as birth control pills, iron deficiency, insufficient protein, diet, stress, ringworm and chemicals in hair care products. If you're concerned about your thinning hair, I recommend that you consult a doctor. The doctor will ask you some questions and examine you to determine the cause of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Styling thick hair [ 1 Answers ]

I have thick hair and need to style it for the mornings. I was thinking of using curlers or rollers and sleep with them in since I have very little time in the morning to get ready (2 babies to take to daycare :( ) I have long brown hair in long layers. I need a lot of hairspray to hold a...

Thick Hair [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and I am Colombian and I have thick black hair. I used to part it back in the day, but now I'm doing other things, but the flip doesn't work good, unless I cut it short and usually the haircutters cut it too short to do anything so I have to wait for it do grow some length to comb...

I want thick lashes [ 2 Answers ]

Does any one no how to get thick lashes with out having any side effects?? URLURL

View more questions Search