Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crazy for Chocolate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Starting a cookie business/bakery
    Hello! I am an American citizen living in Athens, Greece. I have always wanted my own bakery/coffee shop. I feel that I haven't really done what I have really wanted to do in life. I think it's time to chase my dream. What I would love is to have my own cookie business and/or bakery/coffee shop. People have always been crazy about my chocolate chip cookies, brownies, fudge and souffles.

Does anyone have any advice on how to start the business? I was thinking of starting as a street vendor and maybe with mail-order catalogs. I am just not sure how to go about starting, being that I don't have much money to begin with.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can start?

Thank you!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I don't know about the laws concerning businesses in Greece. But, I do like your idea of starting small. It's best to test how well the market where you live is going to be before making any really large investments. I would imagine that there will be such things as a permit or license involved as well as insurance of various types.

There are many sites on the Internet where you can advertise for free. I have a number of private businesses. I have been advertising on the Internet for free for about 30 months. I have listed most of the best ones in an answer to someone on the following link. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...tml#post471334 Many of the sites will allow you to advertise for specific locations in the world. If they are only for specific locations in the U.S. you could still word your ads so that people will find them in searches for what you are doing in Greece.

I get more calls for what I do because of my Internet ads then from my ads in the Yellow Pages. Although, I still do advertise in the Yellow Pages, because that is the first place where some people are going to look.

Please remember when advertising, that people, almost always, are not looking for the name of your business, but what you do.

If you do a search on Google or any other search engine for the matter, for Clough Quad Cities, you will see links for many of my ads on numerous pages of the search. If you study them how I have worded them, you will get an idea how to word yours. It is possible to beat all of the competition in your location by the way that you word your ads for people to find your business while doing a search on the Internet.
    deecav42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 09:42 AM
    I live in Georgetown, Delaware and I was thinking about making my Homemade Cookies and selling them online, what type of licence do I need to make at home, and send them out for sampling and then take orders, to sell out of my home?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 01:18 AM
    Hi, deecav42!

This is the very old and archived thread of someone else. This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. New questions need to be asked by starting new threads.

If you would let me know on this thread how you would like your question titled, I can move it to a new thread so that it will be noticed more and recognized as being your question.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cookie business [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I want to start a business making cookies. I have all kinds of flavors in mind. I want to know, when you start a business like this, do you have to create your own recipes to use? Can you use recipes from cookbooks, internet, etc to sell in a business. Is that stealing? I love to...

Starting a business [ 2 Answers ]

I have been building/fixing computers and computer networks for several years now. I love to do it, so I never really charged anything up until a couple months ago. I decided that I would like to start my own business doing this. I had a couple magnetic signs made up and threw 'em on my car. In...

Would Like To Start Cookie Business [ 1 Answers ]

I've had it with being micro managed in the corporate world. I really don't enjoy working for others and have dreamed about starting a cookie business. I have been baking mandelbrodt ( cookie similar to biscotti) and always give it away during the holidays. Everyone has been telling me for years to...

Starting up in business [ 2 Answers ]

Hi please could you give me advice as to where I start , in starting my own cleaning firm. Where to go?any grants available etc thank you very much

View more questions Search