Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dw409 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2005, 05:25 PM
    Diabetic dog
    My dog has diabetes and I can't get her to eat, she vomits every time she eats or drinks this is the first time this has happened. I think she is having a hypoglycemic episode, should I give her her shot anyway? I just put some karo syrup on her teeth so she could get some sugar, can anyone help me.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 6, 2005, 09:24 PM
    Does your dog have Hyperglycemia: (diabetes) Higher than normal blood glucose level, or Hypoglycemia: Lower than normal blood glucose level. If he is Hypoglycemia (Low blood sugar) then you would give him the Karo syrup. If he is Hyperglycemia: (diabetes) you would administer insulin. Have you taken the dog to a veterinarian? The vomiting could be a sign of another underlining problem.
    Vomiting as far as I know is not a sign of hypoglycemia. They will lack energy. Listless, In severe instances, even seizure. I would call your veterinarian. You could also research this more on http://www.peteducation.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Diabetic Cat Help [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old, diabetic, spayed, feline. She has been insulin dependent for approx 5 years. Occasionally, she may go a week or more and require NO insulin. She's been on Humulin-Ultra the entire time. Has anyone ever had a bad bottle? This bottle is less than two weeks old, but her #'s are...

Diabetes: How much sugar should a diabetic limited to? [ 3 Answers ]

How much sugar should a diabetic be limited to? (gram per day or week?)

Diabetic cooking [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out that I am a diabetic and am trying to cook healthy meals. Does anyone have any recipies for good vegetable dishes. I am trying not to use starchy vegetables. My Doctor said vegetables were free for me to eat so I can have more of them if they are not the starchy kind! Yumm...

Diabetic diet [ 1 Answers ]

My Aunt is a big, beautiful, mature woman who has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. She is having a problem understanding how to convert carbs to grams. Her dietician is a wonderful person, but doesn't realize that she is 70 years old and may not catch on as quickly as a younger...

View more questions Search