Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jthompson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Slow bathroom sink drain
    Recently we remodeled our third floor bathroom which involved relocating the sink, toilet and tub. Since the remodeling, our new bathroom sink doesn't drain properly. At times it fills up and then slowly drains out, other times it works fine. (The toilet and tub drain fine and they are all connected to the same line that goes into the main stack.) I removed the sink trap and snaked the line about 6' which about where the sink line meets the line that runs into the stack without having any appreciable impact on the slow drain. Any ideas as to what the problem might be and how to fix it short of tearing out a ceiling?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 8, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Is this a regular lavatory or a vessel sink?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Sink slow to drain [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed vessel sinks. They have no overflow. They are slow to drain. Is there a trick? When I jiggle to stopper, air bubbles escape and it drains a little better, but not good. Kohler sez it takes a special drain. Is there something I can do?

Slow sink in upstairs bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Water is slow going down put in Mr. Plumber liquid several times and soesn't seem to help

Upstairs bathroom sink slow drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, again I am at my end with this sink... but still can't afford a plumber! It is the only drain in the house that has this problem. I just tried using my hose and a small nozzel to put high pressure water through the drain in an attempt to unclog it... well here is the funny thing......

Slow sink drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I have been having problems with my kitchen sink draining extremely slow. If I put any chemicals down the drain, there is no effect. I checked the trap and it is clean. If I clear it with a plunger it works great, completely drains and runs great for about 30 seconds and then backs up...

View more questions Search