Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madisson4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Countries of origin
    What countries did buddhism origin?
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jul 9, 2007, 07:58 AM
    This link may help you work it out. Major religious groups - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    granmaboat Posts: 21, Reputation: 6

Aug 28, 2007, 01:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by madisson4
    what countries did buddhism origin?
    The founder of Buddhism was Siddhartha Gautama,born near present day Nepal, India. The term Buddha, is not a personal name but a term of praise. A Buddha is a man that first enlightens himself and then enlightens others. Gautama was not the first nor was he the last Buddha, but "Buddhism" springs from his teachings and life examples.(ie. The middle way, The Eightfold Path and the Four Holy Truths.)the goal being the extinction of self, Nirvana.
    Ratna Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 02:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by granmaboat
    The founder of Buddhism was Siddhartha Gautama,born near present day Nepal, India. The term Buddha, is not a personal name but a term of praise. A Buddha is a man that first enlightens himself and then enlightens others. Gautama was not the first nor was he the last Buddha, but "Buddhism" springs from his teachings and life examples.(ie. the middle way, The Eightfold Path and the Four Holy Truths.)the goal being the extinction of self, Nirvana.
    Hey.. very nice answer... Are you buddhist? Do you know anything about meditation? Cause I thought I can help you out with meditation if you are interested since u seem to know and have interest in buddhism.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Not so much an "extinction of self" as it is a melding into the one Universal Mind. Self still exists as the indivdualization of the One Universal Mind.
    bjjghv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 08:09 PM
    This is a very simple question. To most, their answer would be China. However, the real answer is India. I know you might think this is only Hinduism, but if I can be under 12 and know this, you should too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phrase Origin [ 5 Answers ]

I have been unable to find the origin of the phrase "close enough for government work." While it is now derogatory and suggestive of sloppy work, I was under the impression it originated with a meaning just the opposite due to stringent specifications for government construction contracts. ...

Hinduism origin [ 2 Answers ]

What are the countries of origin in Hinduism?

What is the origin of this misfire? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello , Do anyone has an idea? I replaced joint cylinder head on my D15Z7 honda civic VTi recently. Since then there is some intermitent misfires at low revolutions( < 2000 rev/s). Mechanic told me may be spark wire cable or distributor cap, spark plugs. I replaced them all. Problem...

Last name origin [ 1 Answers ]

Does somebody know where the last name PINSEAU comes from please I need help because my dad told me his great great grandmothers fathers last name was PINSEAU so I decided to search for the origin because it is not a common last name so I was searching for the origin but I did not have one it...

Foreign Income in two diff countries . But paid tax already in those countries [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am resident alien for Tax Yr 2006. I earned some income in Singapore (3 months) and In India (3 month) in Yr 2006. I guess, I can claim foreign tax credit for India as I am citizen of India and I pass 12 months test. But In Singapore I was on for 5 consecutive months and out of that only...

View more questions Search