Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spgray853 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Craftsman rear engine riding mower drive belt pulley alignment
    The drive belt that propels the machine keeps coming off the idler pulley. It appears that the idler pulley is positioned we below the other two pulleys. Is there a way to move the idler pulley up so it aligns with the others.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Check To See If The Pulley Has A Lot Of Slap, Or Slack In It Where It Has The Bolt Through It, The Bearings May Be Going Bad In The Pulley. I Don't Really Know How Much Lower You Are Talking About , A lot To Me Maybe 1/4" Where To You It May Be 1 1/2" , Just Can't Tell Without More Info. Check To See If The Pulley Mounting Arm Appears To Be Bent.
    If This Helps Please Rate It.
    Thanks, Mowerman2468

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

Craftsman 30" 13.5 hp riding mower drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you, Please advise the technique in the removal and replacement of the clutch drive belt on this craftsman riding mower, model number 536270211. (Same as Murray Mower.) Thanks Steve

Replacing drive belt on Craftsman riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace the drive belt on a 125HP, 38" mastercraft riding mower?

Deck belt for craftsman 15.5 riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 8yr old craftsman riding mower with a 42in deck I went to get a belt and I got the right one but I can not get it to go on do I need to remove any of the pullys or are there any tricks that I need to know or should it just go right on it is about 3inches to small. And I did disengage the...

View more questions Search