Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imann Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Special Journals and A/P
    I am confused about where A/P goes in the Cash Payments Journal. I was taught that Accounts Payable is a credit in the CP Journal but I have a book that shows that in the "Cash Payments Journal" Accounts Payable is a debit. How can it be both and who is right?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Who taught you it was a credit?

Cash Payments/Disbursements Journal indicates when you PAY someone else cash. Therefore, you will always CREDIT Cash. And you will debit, Accounts Payable, Salaries Payable, etc.
    imann Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Thank you, actually it was my instructor which is why I was confused when the book showed it as a debit, which makes logical sense. Thank you for confirming this.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 08:41 PM
    You're welcome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journals Entries [ 1 Answers ]

Received a check in the amount of $8,560

General journals [ 3 Answers ]

P5-9A. At the beginning of the current season on April 1, the ledger of Fairway Pro Shop showed Cash $2,500; Merchandise Inventory $3,500; and Common Stock $6,000. These transactions occurred during April 2007. Apr. 5 Purchased golf bags, clubs, and balls on account from Kokott Co....

Cash journals [ 4 Answers ]

Which of the following journals is used when cash is refunded to a customer upon return of goods sold for cash? A. Cash receipts journal B. cash payments journal C. sales returns and allowances journal D. purchases returns and allowances journal :eek: :confused: :eek: I think its sales...

View more questions Search