Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tatork Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2005, 01:04 PM
    International and domestic cheap calls?
    Hi everybody!
    I'm a student from Europe here at the university of San Diego in CA. I have a big problem with my phone bills. I have to make calls back in the UK and Ireland where some of my friends and my parents live. Also I make calls here in the US. Used AT&T and Qwest but there are pretty expensive for me. I wonder if you know some other providers with good quality but cheaper rates?
    Thank you.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2005, 01:17 PM
    Do you live in a dorm with hot, running ethernet? If so, you can have local service plus unlimited long distance to Usa and Canada for $27 a month including taxes. Don't know the international rates. Go to www.vonage.com. They provide an adapter between your conventional phone and any ethernet connection. I see ads for Lingo too, that may be even cheaper. I have been using Vonage for 2 years now as my only phone, and I am very happy with it. For broadband internet many students get free, I have to pay $45. I save enough on the phone, that I am paying about what I did for lower quality landline and dialup.
    Tessox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2005, 12:04 AM
    As "labman" said, you need to have internet connection so you can order online prepaid calling cards. I am from New Zealand, now living in Texas and I had the same problem. I can recommend you http://www.calltalknow.com . I use them for couple of months and they have good rates and good connectivity. Also their site is pretty well organized. Take a good look at their plans. The "call" plan is best for me. Also check out their long distance section http://www.calltalknow.com/long_distance.html .They have a 10$ free offer.
    Good luck.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2005, 06:52 AM
    I was not talking about any prepaid plan, but VOIP, where you bypass the local land line company and pay only $27 for local and long distance. NO SBC, US West, Verizon, etc. I pay one bill, to one company. I just dial the number, no card numbers to mess with. No cards to order. I receive an email once a month saying my credit card was charged. No other bills.

You can take your phone service with you any place you have a ethrnet to the net. Back home for the summer, motels, maybe even an internet café.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2005, 02:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikochka
    Try this card http://www.worldcheapcalls.com/
    Very good rates
    From their site: "Additional charges may apply ".

Scam.
    Brian127 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2005, 11:07 AM
    Other ways...
    This VoIP Blog has some interesting tips on cheap international VoIP calls... it seems like the solution you're looking for...
    suola Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 03:48 AM
    Try use WorldCallback calling card
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Feb 20, 2006, 04:21 AM
    SKYPE - VOIP free! Works for me in UK to other Skype users
    mrchava Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2006, 08:05 PM
    I use Skype and talk to my ex girlfriend in japan, and its free! www.skype.com
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 08:17 PM
    Not only that, but with SKype, you can can call anywhere in Canada or the USA for FREE until the end of the year. You must reside in Canada or the USA to qualifty for this promotion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I answer his calls [ 10 Answers ]

My ex and I have been broken up for a few months now and I am not over him. He continues to call me to talk and find out how I am, and to tell me what's up with him. He has even told me he is seeing someone, so I don't understand why he even bothers calling. It hurts so much to talk to him....

Harassing or annoying calls [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any law against companies, private or public, continuing to make annoying phone calls to your private residence even after you have left messages on their answering machine to stop? Also is there any law dealing with how late in the evening they can call? I have the same company calling...

About Spartacus (calls for speculation) [ 5 Answers ]

How the history had changed if the pirates hadn't betrayed the Spartacus and his men? (I'm referring to the pirates that were to take Spartacus and his 70.000 men into Sicily but since he was betrayed, his men were slaughtered and Spartacus presumably died in the hands roman legions in Italy)

A Good name.. for a international/domestic jewellery design company [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Friends , I would like you to suggest me a good name for a international/domestic jewellery design company.If possible then give me some useful links where I can have Taglines and a Good name for the Company.

View more questions Search