Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sourabhpace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Database search
    How do I search within DATABASE.. as Google searches within the HTML pages.. like we write anything and get the result.. same I want a search type for DATABASE..
    So from where I should start or what procedure should be followed..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 5, 2007, 06:33 AM
    You would need to write a query. Another method is to create a table that contains whay you want to search for. For example:

tblSearch
    SearchID (PK)
    TableID (FK)
    FieldID (FK)
    RecordID (FK)
    Value

You can then add a record in that table for each field you want to search on identifying the table, field and record for the value. You can then search for the value, capture the table ad record info and use that to find the record.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 06:56 AM
    You need to write a query for e.g SQL with a statement like Select name from table where name=sourabhpace;

To get further exposure visit this website >>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Access Database [ 5 Answers ]

I keep getting this error message, what should I do? I tried to delete the record where the error appears but the system won't allow me to. (The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.)

Database [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I would like to have some detailed information about This topic:- Specify the hardware needed to support Database system, supporting your reasoning with argument and a detailed rationale. Waiting for your reply Cheers Reetika

Database [ 1 Answers ]

In a database I have inputed a subform. The subform adds up totals of plants by adding Price*quantity. That is fine, the problem I have is that I want to have a box that adds up all the plants totals to give an overal price. Anyway you can help me? Thanks

View more questions Search