Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crusader_85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Good Customer Service Stories
    Share some of your experiences where you had come across a good customer service
    Suseelan Sadasivan Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 03:41 AM
    Hi ,

The fact is that very seldom do people tend to talk or remember about good customer service experiences. For , It is taken for granted , service is to be rendered if one is a customer.

If you are interested in doing a study on Customer and Service or trying to compile experiences, which should not be repeated , then I suggest you ask people to write about the bad customer services they have experienced , and see the results.
    We tend to narrate bad experiences more than good ones.
    In the service Industry one point repeatedly hammered across is , One bad instance will generate more bad publicity , than all the good deed done.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 8, 2007, 05:27 AM
    I like to share some of the good things that happen, too. If all we dwell on is the negatives, you will become negative, in my opinion. I have a process that psychologists would probably call selective memory. I like it. My wife called me an idiot, again. But, I've shared several intances where I got excellent satisfaction. Here's a recent one that comes to mind:
    Some time ago, in a home improvement store, far far away, I purchased a digital thermostat for my central A/C. I didn't know it at the time but I had bought the wrong one. I had opened the package and threw it out, thinking I would be able to install it myself. By the by, I never did. I put everything into a ziplock and stuck it away. Several months later, I pulled it out and tried it again: it was the wrong unit for my A/C. I remembered where I bought it, but had no receipt or package. But I took it back anyway, thinking that if nothing else, they could throw it away instead of me. Instead, I was told to get the skew number from the shelf and come back to customer service. I was given a full store credit at today's price, even though I think the price had to have gone up. I can tell you, I was happy. I won't tell you the name of the store, but it rhyms with FLOWES.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jul 8, 2007, 05:52 AM
    I had one incident of superb customer service. I had reserved an item in The early learning centre for my sons 4th birthdaY, an item incredibly hard to get hold of I my area. However when the time came to colect it the assistant told me they had sold it to someone else. As you could imagine I was seething as my sons birthday was only two days away and he had his heart set on it. I spoke to the manager who told me it wasn't her problem, and just gave me a refund (I had paid for it already, they had no right selling it on!) Anyway I complained to their customer service via email and got a call back th very next morning from an incredibly helpful lady who said she would search all their stores in the country for one. However she called back an hour later saying everywhere was sold out and wouldn't be getting anymore in until after christmas. But she had also called every other toy store in my area and another store (woolworths) had one in stock and she had reserved it for me to collect that day! Early learning centre also sent me a letter of apology and a £15 giftcard as a sorry for what happened in the store. They saved my sons birthday! She really went out of her way to make sure I got what I needed, even though it wasn't even from them!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Good customer service, yes there are a few places left that know what that means. This past week I had gone to pick up lunch for one of my home care clients. She had ordered a dinner. The bottom of the bag was warm, so one would figure the food was warm also. Not so. The potato was cold and the meat just barely lukewarm. The salad was warm though and not edible. Wrapped everything up and took it back. My client got a fresh meal this time plus a total refund of the first meal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Telephone ethics as customer service [ 4 Answers ]

1. What is the best way of answering the call specially answering the customer over the Phone?

Customer service [ 2 Answers ]

-Can you give an example of a time when you experienced good customer service and explain why it was good? -Tell me about a time when you give effective customer service? -Have you ever dealt with a company that provided first-class customer service?what aspects it so good and how would you...

Customer Service [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know how to find names of senior and top level professionals working in MNC? i.e. Gen. Manager, Marketing Head, vice presidents, directors etc. I have visited their websites but I have not succeeded. Please show me the method to get this info. Either through net or any other mode....

Customer Service Letter [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write a letter apologizing to a customer... the customer received a counterfeit $50 bill at one of our stores. She thinks it came from our store but left the store before determination of the fake money. She wants a letter stating that there is nothing we can do about the problem so that...

Customer Service Stories [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for great customer service stories for a talk I am designing on the subject, and possibly an article as well. Anyone have a story they'd like to share?

View more questions Search