Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franklin girl Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Jul 4, 2007, 09:54 PM
    How do I let him know I am into him without freaking him out?
    Hello Everyone,

I am back and this time I have a new question. How do I let a guy know I like him and would like to get to know him better without making him think that I want us to date or get married? As I said in my last post, he didn't email me back over the weekend and I was worried that he wasn't into me at all but then as fate would have it he did get back with me on Monday. All this being said, I am new to the dating scene again as I said before but not recently divorced (finalized 2003) as some thought but just scared to death to get back out there. I have been in a couple relationships since my ex but this guy is different. It is like he tells me enough to make me interested but not enough for me to know where he wants this to go. I keep thinking I should just lay it out there on the table that I would like to just get to know him and then we will see were it goes from there but then my mind says "you will freak him out being so assertive". I really need some advice on the rules that apply now because I knew what they used to be but :confused: now I am not so sure how to proceed. I don't want this to be one sided and then I end up feeling like I have poor judgment so I want to know how to drop those sutble hints that I used to be able to do when I had nothing to lose. I guess when you lose it all, you sure think twice in your future relationships!
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 5, 2007, 01:17 AM
    Tell him, your interested in him and want to get to know him better.
    A coconut Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 03:48 AM
    I agree with the above comment, maybe he feels the same way you do, and doesn't know how to tell u either, and if you tell him and he freaks out, then just accept it, because we can not control other people, but it's better if you tell him already, you could get lucky.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 04:18 AM
    Why not invite him out for coffee or something for a short span of time. If things go well, offer the opportunity to see him again and see if he agrees. Then you will know if he is into you as well. Something like having coffee does not scream "this is a date" like dinner and a movies does. Less stress for you, and a way for you to feel out how he feels without putting it all on the line.
    peaceandmusic21 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2011, 06:27 PM
    I've been though this situation too. I figured this out the hard way, but just go for it. The worst that can happen is him saying no, its not like your not going to like/love another guy in your life, besides there's better men in the world. If the man says no, your just one less heartbreak away from finding the perfect guy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Freaking out now [ 12 Answers ]

OK I'm in my house alone I'm used to hearing foot steps and doors opeaning every once in a while but this is just crazy I was waching TV heard foot steps behind me and the lights when on and off it wasn't flickering the swich clicked like it does when people turn them off then they clicked back on...

I'm freaking out [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had sex on Sunday... it is now Monday. We didn't use a condom but... he swears he did not skeet iside of me. Ive read that guys can feel it when they are about to inside a girl and I also read you can get pregnant from pre-skeet. Im scared out of my mind that I'm pregnant. I...

Am I pregnant or just freaking myself out? [ 1 Answers ]

I had my last period on January 6th and ended about 5 days later it was normal, then about 5 days after that I started spotting and I was having unprotected sex 3 times before this happened... what does it mean? And I took a pregnancy test and it was positive then the next day I took another one...

Any help please... freaking out! [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone any idea what it could be Saturday I started having this weird feeling in my private parts.. Well illtry to explain it.. When I go pee…after I'm done…it feels like I still need to pee…like I have been holding it for hours you know that burning type feeling? Well I know a tract...

Boyfriend for over 3 yrs is freaking help [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Kayla. I have been dating my BF for a little over 3 yrs and 2 months. He goes through these phases where he stops calling as much and he stops wanting to go out together and things like that. These times usually pass and then he goes back to the person I fell in love with. He calls...

View more questions Search