Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hidinginplace Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Jul 4, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Hurricane Bicycle's. Ever Heard of It?
    I recently found a Hurriane Upland MTB sitting on a street coner thrown out. It had two flat tires and a broken seat, but after $7 and an hour work, it rides perfectly. My question is does anyone know anything about a Hurricane Upland, I've tried to Google every possible combo of the name and brand but have found nothing. Can anyone tell me if this is a decent bike or something I shouldn't take on a long trip unless I want to carry it back home... Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 01:19 AM
    I don't really know about the specific brand that you are talking about. And, I agree that it is very hard to find something about it in a Google search. But, I would say that if the tires are in good shape and that everything else is physically sound, I don't think that I would have a problem with using it on a trip that I would take on it.

Hopefully, someone else will answer who actually has experience with that type of bicycle.
    DunceCapDitz Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 06:04 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about an Upland - Hurricane which was made by Giant Bicycles in like 1998 or '99.
    Manufactured by Giant. Upland was the model and Hurricane was the component style/level. I think these were sold in big box stores like Walmart, K-Mart, etc.

I would strongly advise you to write the serial number down (underneath the front crank on the frame) and go to the Police station to make sure it's not been reported stolen. Even if it looked like it was being thrown out, it only takes a few minutes to double-check and avoid being arrested or accosted on the street by someone claiming to own the bike.
    silvacoke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 06:48 PM
    This bike is sold at AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange Services) basically a military walmart. I'm not sure if it's any good or not however, normally they sell quality merchandise.
    kuki666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2011, 11:36 AM
    I found this on sale in my country, Slovenia : http://www.bolha.com/gorska-kolesa/gorsko-kolo-oglas1274445347

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who protects windows during hurricane season? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the landlords resposible for? What am I responsible for? HELP!:confused:

Hurricane [ 1 Answers ]

Who names these hurricanes, why most of them have hispanic names, I think the last one called john,rite?

20A Plug help needed before hurricane strikes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp(4 prong) female outlet on my generator, I bought the following: 20amp 4-prong male plug 15 ft of 4 cable 8 gauge rubber coated wiring a metal power box (don't know the official name) 2 pole 3 wire 20 amp grounding outlet (2 plugs) 2 pole 3 wire 15 amp duplex receptacle...

Has anyone else heard of this [ 2 Answers ]

I was reading up on some things and I heard this-> There is a very small chance that "pre-ejaculate" can cause a pregnancy because sperm is not formed in this fluid. The only way sperm gets into this fluid is if there is sperm in the shaft... then this "left over" becomes very high in contrast to...

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

View more questions Search