Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antireconciler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Old sci-fi movie . What was it called?
    I saw this movie when I was in kindergarten, and I'm now 23. It was a sci-fi movie that terrified me at the time, and I want to know what it was. I'll try to provide as many details as I can remember after so long. Anyone who can actually identify it must be an ultra intergalactic expert-g.

The movie is about an alien race facing extermination by another alien race on an alien planet. The good guys look cuddly and kind, while the bad guys look like something out out of alien vs. preditor.

Near the beginning, members of the good race are seated together in a room, awaiting execution, as they are called out, by members of the bad race. A baby is called to be executed and the bad race takes it and straps it into an execution machine, despite the protests of the parents. The execution involves a beam of intense light, and it is then readied for the next member of the good race to be executed the same way.

Somehow, a young male of this species escapes. He becomes the main character. He dodges danger and recapture, and at some point, ends up in a pond--probably to avoid a patrol. A young girl of the good race enters the scene, and they are both surprised to see each other. One says "I thought I was the last ____" and the other says the same thing. The girl offers the boy her hand to help him out of the pond. When their hands touch, there is a flashback to the memories they had and earlier points in the film.

They decide to travel together, and at some point, end up at some kind of old hag's palace. The old hag has hidden one of her eyes in a hanging basket outside her door so she can observe visitors. The two knock on the door or somehow ask for entrance, the old hag opens the door, informs them that she was watching them in this way, and then puts her eye back into its socket, and invites them in.

Beyond this, I do not know what happens. I don't know how it ends. There are other images but I cannot with certainty associate them with this film. However, I believe the inside of the hag's palace consists of a very large orrery and elaborate walls covered with climbing plants, with some sunlight visible through the plants and metal wall structure. The pair must complete some task by some astronomical event involving bright light. They come very close to missing it, but succeed.

That's all I can say. Anyone who can identify this movie is surely has highly distinguished mad skillz worthy of much awe and appriciation.

I hope someone can help!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 4, 2007, 03:23 PM
    This sounds like The Dark Crystal (1982) to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a Sci FI movie [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for the title of a 90's movie I believe. As I remember it was similar to the Guyver where a kid finds this suit that gives him powers. I do remember that he was young and that the suit had big eyes... that's about it... Thanks.

I Forget What This Movie Is Called! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey,I seen this movie when I was about 12... and I want to see this movie again... BUT the thing is! I can't remember what the title is called... and it's absolutely driving me insane. The movie is about a Man, who's face I think is disfigured... and people in the town think he is the biggest...

What is that movie called? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: In 2003 there was a movie on DSTV about a mother who passes away, knowing that she makes a video tape for every occasion for her child - for e.g. her 16th, 18th, 21st, wedding and so forth. I would really appreciate it if someone can tell me the name of this movie. Brilliant movie -...

HELP Please ! What's this movie called? [ 1 Answers ]

Several years ago I saw a gripping movie on t.v. Think it may have been based on a true story about an American woman who married (I think a muslim)? He was a model husband and father then he took his wife and child to his native country to meet and stay with his family. His personality...

View more questions Search