Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtwlhf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 10:01 AM
    Rear wheel won't come off/pin is stuck
    I have a Murray riding mower and am trying to take the rear wheel off to put it on another one that i am switching everything to and the pin has been pushed down too far. Have tried grease, wd40 and crow bar and hammer. But nothing will loosen it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can try?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 11:22 AM
    If your wheel is attached with a single bolt into the axle this may help. Leave the tractor on the ground and back out the bolt about 3 full turns. Put a block of oak on the bolt and smack it smartly with a small sledge or framing hammer. It should pop after a few hits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD rear wheel removal [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 18 horse MTD Lawn tractor about 15 years old. I need to remove the rear wheel to change the tire. I have removed the cotter pin from the axel and the washer, but I can't get it to come off. It appears that they're may be a key pin of some sort on the axel. I don't have the model number I...

How to Remove Rear Wheel [ 1 Answers ]

How to remove rear wheel from Murray riding mower that has a square key in the key slot.

Lawn Mower Wheel Stuck? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a toro self-propelled mower. I was mowing today and all-of-a-sudden one of the wheel was stuck and would not move forward. Any thoughts?

Tilt-wheel steering wheel problem [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1998 Buick Park Ave the tilt-wheel will no longer change positions. A couple of days ago I got in the car, adjusted the steering wheel and heard something Pop. Since then, the steering wheel will only stay in that position. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this problem? ...

Rolling Pin ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question that my friends and I have been wondering about. Is there a proper name for the rolling pin. Please let me.

View more questions Search