Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clinton mccoy Posts: 47, Reputation: 15

Dec 21, 2007, 09:20 PM
    it is possble to grow taller than a your genetic predicted height. This is becaue you all have a gentic height range we are to be not an exact height. So given poor diet we can fall below the predicted height or good diet pass it. The timeing of the growth spurt is a key player in all this however. The longer the time it takes to get it the more base inches you are growing which can make you end up quite a bit taller than exspected acually. You can also have you knees broken. The calcium biuld up from them healing might add up to an nch or two. WOW!! I could do it:=) Yes alcohol can prevent you from meeting your maximum height potential.
    jojo114 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Dec 21, 2007, 09:29 PM
    wow this post is old I remember its been 5 months I post it ,I'm so happy I tried yoga and stetching exercises and reached 5 6 ,I guess I didn't finish growing after all=))) well I suggest yoga and streching exercises they really worked well for me . Good luck.
    NAQUIN Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2007, 11:35 AM
    You still have time to grow. To enhance ossification (I think), you can stimulate this process by strengthening your muscles. Don't over do. Remember, your height is predetermined by genetics. There are many risk in growth hormones and no definite guarantees. So, Love yourself.
    zehra Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Hello I Am Zehra

Dec 30, 2007, 04:37 AM
    I Am 16 But Still 5'1

Dec 30, 2007, 04:37 AM
    I Want To Gain Hight
    pilgrimstacker Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2008, 04:37 PM

Hi JoJo114, there are a lot of good posts here. One thing that I did not see mentioned are "Elevators". These are (1/2) insoles that you simply slip in your shoes and they may give you the 2 inches you desire INSTANTLY. Search the net and try them. I have not tried them I did look at some in a catalog for short men. Hope that helps. Seriously though be happy with yourself. Work on the things that you can change. Beautify the inner person. Can't tell by your username if you are a boy or girl, but if you are a girl then PLEZZZZ CHILLLL OUTTTTT ! Every one knows that short girls are cuter and sweeter than taller ones. If you are a guy then I know where you are coming from and wish you the best. Bye
    honey1987 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Nov 15, 2008, 09:59 AM

You you can do exercises like yoga regularly 2 make your muscles elastic regularly, yoga such as sarbangasana,chakrasana,dhanurasana, and some streching exercises and skipping. I'm sure these 'll help 2 increase your height 2 at aleast 4-5 inches
    pinkytweak16 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 01:50 PM

Holy crap I wish I was 5'3 I'm 5 ft and I can't stand it your very lucky
    pinkytweak16 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Omg please tell me what you did
    worldlymarket Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 17, 2009, 07:14 PM

Hi Jojo,

In all honesty I would not recommend you take any hormones tablets of anything like that... it's really not worth it. You're young and you have plenty of time to grow taller.

There are other natural ways to grow taller even at your age. I came across a program called Grow Taller for Idiots. It taught me that the condition of our spine will affect our height (as much as 2 – 6 inches) which is around 35% of our total height – it provides you with an exercise and diet plan that really works, I recommend this to anyone who feels short and wants to grow NATURALLY. I took the diet and actually grew a whole inch in 6 weeks.

For more info go to How Do I Grow Taller.com - believe me its great!
    dks2114 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2009, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    There are no exercises or foods that will increase your height, it is all a matter of genetics.

Actually human growth is affected by the growth hormone, insulin-like growth factors I and II , thyroid hormone, insulin, testosterone, and estrogen at different period of life.

The growth hormone promotes bone lengthening.

The growth hormone secretion is influenced by sex hormones, insulin, and thyroid hormone.
    And since the thyroid hormone is required for both the synthesis and growth promoting effect of the growth hormone, thus the major factor that determines height is NOT GENETICS but instead hormones in your body.

Just a cool side note if you were interested.
    jojo114 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2009, 07:51 AM

But do you believe that like if you take a special product to increase your growth hormones like satogrowth, will it work?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 10:59 AM
    dks2114...

before you "educate" our health expert, please buy a clue. Seriously.

your statement that genetics are not predominantly at play here is blatently wrong and shows real ignorance of genetic control of the body.

height determination is multicomplex. We inherit many genes that tie into our height. We also have environmental factors, such as disease, poor nutrition, that certainly play into this... but any self respecting genetic researcher will tell you that genes are largely responsible for production of hormones through a cascade effect, that genes are responsible for the cell markers that accept growth hormone, etc...

why does a person enter puberty? Hormone changes. What causes this? Genetics, predominantly.

why might a med provider care about screening for a breast cancer gene? That gene, through expression, affects cell growth.

its is widely accepted that a persons height is directly tied to what alleles they inherit. The rest is commonly attributed to nutrition and medical care... but that Doesn't mean you can get taller than your genetic potential with good nutrition... it means you can perhaps better reach your full genetic potential.

so really... it is ALL about genetics. Everything else you do simply allows you to reach your genetic potential or decreases your results.

unless you are sticking a needle into your veins, genetic potential rules your height potential. (that does not mean you are "doomed" to be an average of your parents height... as said, it isn't about one gene, one height)
    healthfitness83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Eliminate and reverse postural problems through pilates and stretching will hep you growing taller.

Also the nutrition can help you growing taller. Eating food rich in protein, calcium, calories, and amino acids is crucial for giving your body the energy and nutrients it needs to grow, function, and replenish itself.

I recommend you to take a look at these digital books to learn more about growing taller.

http://heightchallenged.com

www.growtaller4idiots.com

Also this site will give you free information about tips to growing taller..

GROW TALLER

And if you don't like the books I recommended you above.. you can search in:

www.cbmall.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I grow taller? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 13 years old. My mom is 4 11" and my dad is 5 9". Im only 4 10 and a half. I know. Pathetic. And the worst part is, I really don't think I'm growing anymore. I already got 2 growth spirts and my last one was either last year or in 5th grade. I really don't think I'm going to grow...

GROW hair DamN IT! Grow! [ 15 Answers ]

My hair length is about 1 inch long, I cut it about 2 years ago and continued to about every month, now I haven't cut or dyed my hair in about 2 months and it has not grown at all. I want it to grow!! What can I do, use, or whatever to get this growth process started!thanks

2 maths exercises [ 3 Answers ]

1. A pipe fills a pool in 4 hours, another pipe drains a full pool in 6 hours. How long will it take to fill the pool if both pipes are opened? 2. A pool is connected with 3 pipes. Two pipes fill the pool and one drains it. It takes 3 hours for first pipe to fill the pool and 2 hours for the 2nd...

I need ideas on how to start a small hip-hop record business that eventually grow big [ 2 Answers ]

I need ideas on how to make a hip-hop record buissness please.

Home Exercises [ 6 Answers ]

For several months, I was taking a 30-45 minute walk around my neighborhood as my exercise for the day. However, it is now too cold out for me to do that. I would like to know what kind of exercise I can do in the house to substitute for the walking that does not involve spending money. There is...

View more questions Search