Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lankford3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Carrier Weathermaker 8000
    I've had my carrier a/c heat unit for about 10 years.. . Good service, but it has recently been making a sqeaking/chirping/screeching sound when the fan is running in a/c mode. I reminds me of the sound a car makes when the fan belt is slipping. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    lankford3
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Which fan are you talking about, indoor or outdoor?
    lankford3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Sorry for the sketchy info. It sounds like the inside fan and it only occurs once in a blue moon.. . Very sporadic and not long in duration.

Thanks for the help.
    lankford3
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 6, 2007, 01:47 PM
    You could try to lubricate the blower if it has oil holes if not you may try to drip some oil around the area where the shaft goes into the motor.
    MrCool Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Sounds to me like the belt tension is loose. It needs to be tighten a bit. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 trouble codes? [ 11 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of troubld codes for my Carrier Weathermaker 8000? Thanks. Charley

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 intermittent operation [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier Wethermaker 8000 gas furnace. Over the past week or so, I've noticed that the temperature in my house drops into the low 60's (I usually keep the thermostat on 68/69) and the furnace never kicks on. The thrmostat itself seems to be OK. The problem is intermittent at this...

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would like your help. I have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 and I am having problems with it. Its keeps shutting off before it reaches the desired temperature . I made a couple of clips that I hoped would explain the problem better. The Start:...

Transformer for weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I buy the 24 volt transformer that controls the thermastat for the carrier weathemaker 8000

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

What's the cost of a Carrier weather maker 8000 ignitor and how can I purchase it? Thank You

View more questions Search