Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wildnyte Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Changing over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat
    I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I want to change over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. I need help in trying to figure out the wiring part of this whole thing. Can someone out there please help. I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks! :)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 06:53 AM
    Here are the instructions for the your existing White Rodgers thermostat.

http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/.../0037-3926.pdf

Here are the instructions for your new Honeywell thermostat.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1726.pdf

You need to match up the wiring locations from the old to the new.

It does not get any simpler than this.

You can also look at the beginning of this board for sticky notes. There is information in them about thermostats also.

Since I am not there I cannot wire it for you so you will have to read and follow the instructions I have provided you. Good luck.
    wildnyte Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Thank you for responding and for the information.

Have a great day!:)
    baylake04 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2010, 11:09 AM
    Whiterogwe32006 change to a honeywell programmable 6ooo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White-Rodgers Thermostat Manuals [ 6 Answers ]

@tkrussell - Re: your sticky about thermostat manuals, here is a link for technical data, including manuals for White-Rodgers thermostats: http://www.white-rodgers.com/wrdhom/common/ptech/ptech_thermo.htm

Replacing White-Rodgers Thermostat with Honeywell Digital [ 7 Answers ]

I am replacing a 13 yr. old White-Rodgers Mechanical thermostat (couldn't find model # on website) with a Honeywell 5-1-1 Digital thermostat. The wiring was as follows for White-Rodgers: Green = G Yellow = Y White = W Red = RH jumpered to RC The Honeywell has terminals for

Need Wiring help for a White-Rodgers Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 wire (red & White) heat only system. It is steam heat run by gas. Currently I have Honeywell thermostat which uses 3 AA batteries. Thermostat has R, RC, O, W, Y, G terminals. R and RC terminals are connected by a jumper cable. I have Red wire connected to terminal R and white wire...

White-Rodgers thermostat... What does this mean? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I'm about to smash this thing up. I fell asleep with the AC turned off earlier and now I wake up and its 77 degrees in here and I'm sweating. So I go turn the AC unit back on, setting it on 75 degrees to start with because I know you aren't supposed to do more than 2 degrees at a time....

Rplacing Weathertron thermostat with White Rodgers [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a heat pump with auxiliary electric heat controlled by a Trane Weathertron thermostat. I am attempting to upgrade the thermostat with a programmable White -Rodgers(1F85-277)heat pump thermostat.I want to verify the correct wiring hookup for White-Rodgers Thermostat to the current...

View more questions Search