Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annicoco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Coleman Gas Wall Heater won't fire
    We have an older gas wall heater that the thermostat has never really worked... basically "on" or "off". It hasn't been a problem because we don't use the room much. It was working this past winter. We are now selling our house and the inspector said it would not fire. The pilot light is on. Someone told me that it probably did not fire because the room temp was 80 degrees. Is this a possibility? Is there anything we can clean or adjust? I really don't want to have to call a service person. THANK YOU!:)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 3, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Yes it is possible. No clean and adjust. You need to find the thermostat circuit and bypass it to see if the unit comes on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas wall heater will not light [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a William Monterey Gas top vent wall heater. I cannot get the pilot to light. I replaced the thermocouple and this did not fix the problem. The gas is coming through as I can both hear it and when I hold the pilot button down it will stay lit (till I take my finger off even after...

Older gas wall heater I believe early 50's problem [ 3 Answers ]

The wall heater has no electrical connections at all on it, with a manual off/low to high abutment on top of unit. The pilot light lights fine but the heater part(is this the burner, not sure what its called) does not light. The manual control valve is inline after the pilot, and before the...

Gas wall heater problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with my gas wall heater when the tenant moved out. The heater will not turn on when I turn the thermostat to a higher temperature level, so I check to see if the pilot light was lit, it was. Then I touch the 2 wires together from the thermostat to the heater, no ignition. What...

Replacing an electrical wall heater in single wide mobile home to Gas Heat [ 1 Answers ]

One of the single wide mobile homes in the park I supervise has an electrical wall heater and the elctrical bills have been astronomical, due probably to the poor insulation. Another reason, I guess, could be the age of the heater. The HVAC people that work for us told us that there is no...

Gas Wall Mount heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Williams wall mount heater model #5009622. My problem is I do not know if it wired up correctly. I looked at an owners manual online and it showed a diagram of a control valve having three electrical posts. Mine has four. What I need to know is where all the components connect to the...

View more questions Search