Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Digger_13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Meant to be?
    I am 23 years old and I have a 2 1/2 year old son from a previous marriage. I got divorced over 2 years ago and I have full custody of my son. I met a girl about a year ago and Ive know her since high school. We started dating and I decided to ask her to marry me. She said yes and we both decided to wait until next year when she gets out of college to get married.

Well, she wanted to move the wedding date up to August. I didn't really agree because she doesn't work and my income would barely support her, my son and myself. I agreed to it finally because I really want to make her happy. She wanted me to move 2 hours away from my home and work. I put my house up for sale, and decided to stay working at the job I am at now and just drive back and forth to work everyday until I could find a job there that would pay similar wages. I feel like I am the one doing all the compromising in trying to make this marriage work. I am having to pay for most of the wedding, and all the household bills along with her personal bills, because as I have stated before, she doesn't work and relies on student loans to get by.

We got into a fight a couple weeks ago that still hasn't ended. She wants a cat in the house and I totally disagree with the idea. I don't like animals and she knows that and I believe my son is too young to handle a cat in the house. Im scared he will get bit or scratched. I am really good to my Girl friend. I wait on her hand and foot, We always go where she wants to on dates and I just really want to make her happy. She grew up with a rich family(her dad is a doctor) and they have spoiled her. My family isn't poor but not wealthy by any means. I only make around 35k a year. She laughs at how little I make sometimes but she doesn't realize its more than she's making... Nothing, and has supported my son and I quite well. To make a long story short, I told her I was not going to live with a cat in the house. SO she called off the wedding until we can "work through our problems". She says the only reason I won't let her have it is because I want to control her. That's the only thing I have said No to her about. She still goes out with her friends and parties while I'm at home along with my son.

Does anyone know why she is acting this way or have any advise on what I need to do? I think she is used to me giving in to her and she thins by saying she won't marry me she think I will give in but I'm not going to give in.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Jul 3, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Hello.

Sorry to say this but she sounds like a spoiled brat that wants it all her way. The problem is if she is like this now what is it going to be like after your married. I know you Love her but you better step back and take a long look at what's going on. If not for you, for your child. You sure don't want kids growing up with a Mom that pouts all the time.

Good Luck
    Dennis777
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Dennis is right about the g.f. and you are right to not want a cat/kitten . One even if you get one for free there is food, litter, supplies, spay/neuter cost, vet appointments and shots to consider. Your sone is too young to be around a cat. At 2 years of age your child does not know haow to treat a cat and you are right to be afraid that it may bite and scratch him. Stand firm on this issue. Also I want to give you props for being a man and a father we need mor males in this world like you. Esp. one that is so young. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he sincere and is it meant to be [ 1 Answers ]

OK, my story is pretty long.but here goes. I'm 16 and the guy I love.. well the guy I used to go out with is 21. Now we met each other and well it was good. He was with his girlfriend but they never spoke they were basically non existent... however after 3 months of going out with him he told me he...

Are we meant to be together? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm an 18 year old girl and enjoying my life. Recently I met a guy who was just like what I thought my prince charming would be. We get along really well, in fact, more than just well. We are best friends and keep in touch. But the problem is that he is still obsessed about a girl who rejected...

Do you think he meant it? [ 16 Answers ]

On New Years Eve - I was Djing until 12am. My boyfriend came down with his friends until 11pm and then went on somewhere else afterwards. He told me he would be back before 12 regardless of his friends as he wanted to see the New year in with me - and that he did bless him. We went to meet his...

Were we meant to be? [ 3 Answers ]

undefined I Am wanting to know if my and my b/f will get married. We have only been dating fro a little over 2 months but i feal something for him. I am a Scorpio and his birthday is February 9th (not sure what he is :p ). I don't necesarily need to know if we will get married. but just somethign...

View more questions Search