Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2007, 09:08 AM
    inground pool liner
    I have an inground pool with liner. The liner color is blue and white and white is discolored = yellowed. Is there a way to clean that? or do I have to replace the liner. The pool is 10 yr. old.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 3, 2007, 10:20 AM
    UV and chlorine are eventual killers of all liners. You are lucky to get 10 years on a liner. If you dxrained your poool you'd find the liner is quite brittle and ready for replacement. If you do replace come back here and we can give you some tricks to make installation a bit easier.
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jul 3, 2007, 06:03 PM
    You can try to brush off any discoloration with a soft nylon brush and vinyl liner cleaning liquid available at pool supply stores. In all likelihood the sun has faded your colors and only a new liner will brighten up your pool.

New liners can have a pro-rated warranty for up to 30 years now, but they do not guarantee against color loss/fading. Pool chemistry plays heavily on how long your liner will hold its color and ultimately last until needing replacement. This is one of the reasons that proper water chemistry maintenance is so important.

I hope this information is helpful.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools
    Bycin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 01:01 PM
    If you leave the water in the pool it won't shrink or crack, to make the pool look better I would use the adhesive tile pool borders from poolsandwaterfalls.com the tile borders come in a couple different patterns and they really look great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water behind inground pool liner [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, About 2 and 1/2 years ago we had a new inground vinyl pool liner professionally installed. Ever since then, when we go to open the pool in the spring--we find the liner bubbled up & out in most of the low end of the pool and on the sides of the deep end. We have to take a part of the liner...

Inground pool coping [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had my vinyl liner replaced on my inground swimming pool. I have bull nose coping, (this was not changed), and I am noticing that it is separating from the concrete deck in quite a few places (about 3/4 inch). I also notice that where the pieces of coping connect to each other there are...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

Inground pool liner and coping [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is JAMIE I live in LEWISTON MAINE and new to havivg a pool The coping is pulling away from the pool wall and in one place the coping has snaped the screwheads off that holds the coping to the poolcan anyone help me on this??

View more questions Search