Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 11:48 PM
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Hi

I have a 4week old baby boy I couldn't breat feed so I'm bottle feeding at first I was over feeding him I was feeding him whenever he wanted it and I cause some stomach pains and really bad wind.

The nurse advised to feed him 100mls every 3-4 hours or longer I started that and he was great sleeping well and settling easy

Then I spoke to my Dr and he changed the formula to Novalac for Colic that was work as well
    Then he started getting un settled and seemed to be hungry so I increased the bootles to 120mls. He's drinking 120mls every 3-4 hours but is really un settled at night and wakes with really bad pains and wind

Am I over feeding him again?

4weeks and weighs 4.5kgs
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
    Are you burping him? Gas can cause really bad stomach pains for little babies. Get some gas drops from the pharmacy and try that. The brand I know the best is "Mylicon".
    lenora85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Renep
    Hi

I have a 4week old baby boy i couldnt breat feed so im bottle feeding at first i was over feeding him i was feeding him whenever he wanted it and i cause some stomach pains and really bad wind.

The nurse advised to feed him 100mls every 3-4 hours or longer i started that and he was great sleeping well and settling easy

then i spoke to my Dr and he changed the formula to Novalac for Colic that was work as well
    then he started getting un settled and seemed to be hungry so i increased the bootles to 120mls. hes drinking 120mls every 3-4 hours but is really un settled at night and wakes with really bad pains and wind

am i over feeding him again?

4weeks and weighs 4.5kgs
    No I don't think you are doing any thing wrong. But, sometimes doctors recommend that you feed your baby on a schedule. I feed my baby on a schedule all the time. But try burping you baby between ounces.
    self_lnflicted_hell Posts: 106, Reputation: 9

Jul 4, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Is he lactose intolerant? That's something you should have your Dr. look into. I know that when someone's lactose intolerant and they eat or drink any dairy product they get very gassy and have cramping. Both of my children were when they were infants and had to be on lactose free formula but they've grown out of it since... After all, one is 9 and the other is 8
    Good luck :)
    Oh yeah, and I don't think you could be over feeding him, when he's hungry, he's hungry, there's no question about that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Feed them when they are hungry, change them when they are messy,
    Children will eat if they are hungry and won't if they are not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What am I doing wrong? [ 8 Answers ]

:( I am a frustrated single mom with a 12 y/o boy. His father has always been there for us, even though we seperated when our child was four. I was fifteen when I had him and still have never married. His father recently is in the process of getting divorced from his wife and has moved to...

Where am I going wrong [ 1 Answers ]

n^{log{\small_2}n}^{log{\small_2}n} ={n^{log{\small_2}n}}^{log{\small_2}n} ={{n^{(log{\small_n}2)}}^{-log{\small_2}n} ={ 2^{(log{\small_2}n)}}^{-1} = \frac{1}{n}

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search