Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ACKERET Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 06:52 PM
    Can I sue my husband girlfried for taking his affections
    My Husband Had An Affair Can I Sue The Girl He Was With ?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jul 2, 2007, 07:12 PM
    You can sue most anyone but the question is will you win ? I doubt it and I don't think you can sue your spouse but if you could, he would be the one to go after. Either go for a divorce or let it go. it's your choice.
    turkey Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2007, 11:00 PM
    I think if you know she knew he was married then I would be pissed, but no matter who knew what (I would go looking for her, just to hear her side, I would'nt fight over an ) he screwed you around and the way I look at it is that your better then that and life has a way of giving to those who deserve it! Iwould let it go (even though it's hard), your a better person then that and why would you want to stay unhappy? He'll end up paying for it in the long run! They always do one way or another!
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 2, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Why sue people?
    Why? Why? You can be a better person than that.
    She might not even have known about it all, he might have kept it secret. Blame rests on the guy in this case I reckon, but hey, life will hit him bad for this, what goes around does come around.
    And hey, how does you taking some of their money actually make you or them a better person? How does it solve anything?

Jul 2, 2007, 11:35 PM
    I'm just saying that what goes around, comes around. Kharma! I would be hurt and pissed of course but if some stuiped guy played me for a fool for how long did that, then I would piss him off even more but saying so what, you thought you mattered that much to me? Well you were wrong! That would get him right where it counts! I know, I've done it!!

Jul 2, 2007, 11:39 PM
    You could do that turkey, but make sure that the hate, the anger, the reprisal, is followed by forgiveness, and reconcilliation, even friendship maybe, at least forgive!
    Look at jesus for example.he knew judas would betray him, yet he didn't kick judas out of his disipleship, he didn't try to hurt him, didn't get angry at him.
    Also, jesus forgives us, before we have even sinned! Like judas, we have all betrayed him, sinned, hated, hurt, and yet forgiveness is already ours!
    Remember- what would jesus do?

Jul 2, 2007, 11:42 PM
    I agree! U have to let it go and forgive him for being a a**h***! U know what happened, do you really want to make that pain last for months? Let it go and forgive him because you are such a better person then that!

Jul 2, 2007, 11:47 PM
    Also, he's likely to be going through a lot of guilt and stuff, no need to make it worse.

Jul 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
    It was not your fault because if it was then he would have said something to you about the relationship. He didn't, so he was just being and arragent a**! Thinking he could do what ever! U didn't, u were better then and your better now!
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jul 2, 2007, 11:58 PM
    I highly doubt it. Why would you want to receive money in return for your husbands affection? Is money going to make you feel better? I don't think so.

Get a divorce and find someone who is worth your time. I wouldn't waste anymore of them.

Jul 2, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Love my malti poo is right, even if she does keep one of those silly animals :)
    If they cheat, its because they aren't content with just you. Means they an arrogant bastard who gives us guys a bad name.

Jul 3, 2007, 12:00 AM
    I agree, don't waste your time, he already did enough of that didn't he?
    arhouston Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Jul 3, 2007, 10:14 AM
    They did it on lifetime I don't c y not:)
    angelz921 Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Jul 3, 2007, 10:18 AM
    LOL they did it on lifetime. That's cute, sounds like something my mother would say. She's addicted to that channel.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Can we sue you for spamming?

The answer in both cases is no, see she "stole" your husband but really in the end it was his decision what to do with his life.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jul 3, 2007, 06:27 PM
    My mistake for stating that you probably would not win, might win, might not, but I read yesterday in the paper where a married man sued another man for stealing his wife's affections and won approx $4,800 in damages and that it is possible to sue and perhaps win in at least 8 jurisdictions. However, the married man that won the suit against the other gentleman had his dirty laundry dragged through open court. So it might be possible to sue and win but, of course, you may face the same repercussions as the successful married man who won.
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Jul 5, 2007, 03:46 PM
    In my state, if a divorce happens because one person was unfaithful, the person the spouse had an affair with can be sued. They blame it on them and can take their money in the divorce settlement.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2007, 01:53 PM
    If there are real, tangible damages you can prove then yes. But, lotsa luck. It's hard to see how, just by virtue of being your husband's mistress, she is responsible for any loss you've sustained as a result. If anything, your husband may be the culpable one in that regard, not her.

Jul 7, 2007, 03:29 PM
    It was his choice what to do with his life.
    If being with her was the right thing, if she is the one he loves, then I guess he needs to follow his heart. Its tough, I know, but, you will heal, and you will find someone better for you. Someone who you will spend eternity with in love.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I SUE my Mom? [ 20 Answers ]

:cool: I'm 18 and living at home no job no car and can't drive. My mother advised me to get in to college because she had a lawsuit pending With my father for back pay in child support. ;)I enroll and put everything in my name at her request. She won the lawsuit for $35,000.:Dnow 6 months...

Sue me, sue you. [ 1 Answers ]

Bubba called his attorney and asked, "Is It true theys suin them cigarette companies fer causin People to git cancer ?" "Yes, Bubba, sure is true," responded the lawyer. "And now someone is suin them fast food restaurants Fer makin them fat an cloggin their arteries with all Them burgers an...

Can I sue for this, and what would I sue for? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I recently was dragged to court to defend myself against a sexual assault accusation. It was a he said/she said case, and I was actually arrested and charged without having talked to the accuser or the police. Anyway, long story short, I was acquitted (with flying colours - judge in...

Can I sue [ 9 Answers ]

My friend had his car in a parking lot they crashed it in the parking lot and offered him 4 free months instead of paying for the repairs they made a verbal agreement to let me park there since he sold his car now they crashed my car and are refusing to pay for damages and are trying to kick me out...

Can I sue? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Last Monday I was in a meeting with my co-worker and my supervisor in the supervisors office. While in this meeting, my supervisor called one of the partners and put her on speakerphone without letting her know. The partner also did not know we were in the office. During the phone...

View more questions Search