Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpcandy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Central air conditioner runs for over 1 hour before kicking off is this normal?
    My central air conditioner Heat pump just started running for over an hour before kicking off and only cools 1 degree.. we had thermostat replaced 2 days before this started happening... what should we do?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 2, 2007, 03:29 PM
    If you had a company replace your thermostat and the unit was working correctly before they replaced it could be they did something wrong with the settings of the thermostat and they should fix it for you..

If you replaced the thermostat I suggest you read the instructions that came with it and recheck your wiring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central Air Conditioner Unit does not work [ 10 Answers ]

I'll try to keep this as short as possible but I've been fighting the problem for over a month now and it's getting a tad warm here in Las Vegas. My problem is very similar to MSdavid's. I had a similar problem last July and the A/C repair guy replaced the run capacitor which resolved the...

Central Air Conditioner [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My fan to the air conditioner outside doesn't come. There is air coming out of the vents in the house, but no cold. What should the thermoset be set on in order for the fan to come on outside?

Central air conditioner unit outside problems [ 7 Answers ]

At the end of the season last year we noticed in the central air conditioning unit outside that there was a clicking noise and then smelled like something burning. I am worried about this and what it may be? Cost wise? And going to have to do something since the hot weather will be here very soon....

Compressor on central air conditioner [ 6 Answers ]

The compressor on my central air conditioner tries to come on but won't. I hear it trying to come on. The unit is attached to a "Beat The Peak" system. Could that be causing the unit to not come on?

Central air conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

The circuit breaker in the house was tripped for the air conditioner. I turned it back on and the fan to the outside unit is not turning on. How do you turn that back on?

View more questions Search