Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlin611redondo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Evicting a tentant without a written contract, renter not paying on time
    I am a condo owner, and I am recently experiencing some problems with a tentant not paying his rent on time, and insufficient at due date. He was a friend of mine, and we did not sign any lease agreements for him to rent a room out of the condo. I expect he will have at least 30 days, but I want to know both our rights, as he is claiming to take me to court. He has always paid in cash, and there have not been any receipts exchanged. Could you please help me understand what both our positions are in this situation.

He is also bringing unnecessary behavior to the home, such as drinking too much and inviting people over at late hours. Overall this have become a very discouraging situation and I would like to know how to handle this.

Please help!
    Thank you,
    M. Lin
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 2, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Give him his 30 day notice in writing stating that you are evicting him. Don't worry about his threat to take you to court unless there is more than what we have heard here. No more verbal agreements if you want to avoid problems like this, play it safe with a written lease.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease without Written Contract. All verbal agreement [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm currently renting from a person, who verbally agreed upon my lease and lease option to purchase. I moved into the home (Florida) last Septmber, with the understanding, within 2 years, I could either purchase the home, or continue to rent. So with this being said, I spent about $8k in...

How long do I have to give before evicting when there's no written agreement or lease [ 1 Answers ]

I have a house that I'm letting an acquaintance live in with the verbal understanding that she is to make my house payment every month until she can get financing to purchase. She has informed me that she cannot pay the payment this month and she has no intention of getting a loan for at least 3...

Evicting Adult Child not paying Rent [ 9 Answers ]

How can I throw an adult child who will not follow rules of house and just want to waste his life away?

Evicting a non renter [ 1 Answers ]

My son's girlfriend moved in with my family when she got pregnant. She has been here for a year now and the relationship is not working out. I have asked her to leave but she refuses. The sherrifs dept. says that I cannot make her leave, I have to evict her. What do I need to do to evict her.

View more questions Search