Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Browser Statistics
    w3schools.com says Firefox users are now at about 33% of all internet users. I find this hard to believe. In a national news article I read recently about the new Safari, they said Firefox users were at about 20%.

Who is the most reputable source for a good guestimate on what percentage Firefox users really are?

Thanks!
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Jul 2, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Hmm, I don't know about a good source on the guestimate. But I would believe that 33% or actually more are using Firefox. I know that I use it and everyone else I know does :P.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 2, 2007, 09:52 AM
    I certainly would go with W3's stats, as they are nonaffiliated to any company.
    The 20% for FF users in the Safari piece is old information, FF passed that landmark ages ago.
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Jul 2, 2007, 10:20 AM
    I would NOT go with W3's stats:

Quote Originally Posted by W3School's Website
    W3Schools is a website for people with an interest for web technologies. These people are more interested in using alternative browsers than the average user. The average user tends to use Internet Explorer, since it comes preinstalled with Windows. Most do not seek out other browsers.

These facts indicate that the browser figures above are not 100% realistic. Other web sites have statistics showing that Internet Explorer is used by at least 80% of the users.
    WebReference.com puts Firefox at about 20%. (July 1, 2007)
    TheCounter.com puts Firefox at about 12%. (June 2007)

The simple truth is that no one source will be completely accurate. It is going to largely depend on the demographics of the people that visit a given website as to what numbers they see. To be 100% accurate, you would need to look at the stats from a website that 100% of internet users visit, and I don't think that website exists.

If you are trying to find out so you can make design decisions, try looking at stats from other sites that share your same target audience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Browser is being hijacked [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, my browser has been hijacked, and every time I click an result in Google I get redirtectyed to an undesirable site, have ran nod32 and spy sweeper both as administrator in safe mode without result. Here is the latest hijsckthis is as follows gfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at...

Ie 6 browser [ 3 Answers ]

How can I reinstall i.e. 6 after being unsuccessful in installing i.e. 7?

Shell Browser - Help [ 2 Answers ]

I know I had asked this question someone before and I cannot find the answer at the moment. So I decided to start a new thread just to deal with this issue. Sorry about that. I have now have this pop up and I do not know what to do. I think this is appearing because I just put on Spyware blaster...

AOL Browser [ 13 Answers ]

I click on the shortcut to launch the browser and it launches, but after it loads my home page, the browser closes . Any ideas? Thanks. I have some bookmarks that I would like to get and backup before I uninstall and re install

Hijacked Browser [ 2 Answers ]

I got to this forum because I did a search for "DSO," which is what spybot said I have. I think I effectively removed it following all previous instructions. Thanks. But, my problem still remains... When ever I open IE browser it is hijacked to http://ssearch.biz/?wmid=1010 and I can't use the...

View more questions Search