Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coach11952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Water Pump
    My problem is this: my water pump goes on within 30 seconds of running water. As soon as I turn the water off the pump stops. The pressure on the gauge is normal. I know when the pump goes on because there seems to me a minor drop in the stream of water coming out of the facet. The pressure is there and I know there isn't a leak because it doesn't go on when no one is using the water. I have found no leaks. The pump and well are reatively now, they were both replaced about 5 years ago. Any suggestions?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Sounds like a pressure tank problem. Does you tank have a diaphragm? As new as it is, that is likely.

You should be able to get at least five gallons of water from your system before the pump cuts on. If you can't, and it certainly does not sound like you can get anthing even close to it, then your tank would be the first place to look.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 2, 2007, 11:54 AM
    I'm with jlisenbe, It would have helped if you had let us in on what type of tank you have.
    Either the membrane in your bladder tank has ruptured or your galvanized tank need recharging. There's no repair for this except to replace the bladder tank or recharge the pressure tank. My bet's on a bad bladder tank. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Water pump [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me the procedure for changing out a water pump in a 1992 honda accord.

3-way water pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have been told that my central air conditioning unit needs a new Honeywell 3-way water pump. The technician who evaluated my unit has rigged it so that the valve is now open all the time and I am able to have ac. This was a temporary measure until he could return with the new valve. He has...

Well water pump [ 2 Answers ]

My well water pump is not working. I think it lost it's prime because I tapped the tank and it sounds hollow. How do I prime the pump?

AC Water Pump not sending water through tubing [ 1 Answers ]

My house is a ranch house with no basement. We have a forced air/central air conditioning system. There is a pump that is suppose to pump the water through a plastic tubing in to our laundry tub. The water does have to go up to the ceiling of the room and across a wall and then down into our...

View more questions Search